Chapter 37

Sylvia's eyes opened slowly, before focusing on the darkened ceiling of the familiar infirmary. Her head throbbed, and she felt sick to her stomach. She pulled her hand up to rub her temples and cover her eyes.

She felt a gentle hand on her wrist, and lowered her hand to look up at Evania who was watching her with a worried expression. Are you okay?

Even Evania's voice in her head pulsed in Sylvia's brain like a drumb beat, getting her to close her eyes with a wince before relaxing into the bed. "I don't know. What happened?"

Evania glanced around the room before looking back at her. You passed out when you were talking to Desdemona. She carried you here.

"Am I okay?" Sylvia asked.

The doctor said you had a concussion that they didn't notice after the incident. He said there shouldn't be any dangerous side effects, but that you'll probably have chronic headaches for a while. But they should hopefully go away after your nature heals it. Evania explained. Why didn't you tell me?

"I thought it was just a headache." Sylvia answered. "I've never had a concussion before so I didn't think anything of it. Though I was heading to the nurse after speaking with Kendra, I guess I just waited too long."

You scared me. Evania answered. I just felt discomfort and pain, then nothing.

Sylvia moved her hand to take Evania's tightly while leaving her eyes closed. "I'm sorry I scared you. I didn't know anything was really wrong."

Do you want to come home?

"I want to. But I need to make sure I'm okay first." The succubus answered.

I agree. I don't want you to come home only to get worse. Evania agreed, though the voice in their head sounded disappointed.

"Can you stay until the doctor comes back in?"

Of course. Evania smiled gently, running her thumb across the back of Sylvia's hand. After ten or so minutes the doctor came in holding a clipboard.

"How are we feeling Sylvia?" He asked with a gentle smile.

"My head is throbbing and my eyes hurt." Sylvia confessed.

He looked over the clipboard, flipping through a few sheets of paper. "Well, it looked like you had a major concussion that we didn't see because Evania's mana was keeping it from getting worse. When you weren't in contact with her the side effects started to kick in it seems."

"Am I going to be okay?"

"Of course, since we figured out what the problem was we were able to treat it accordingly. With Evania helping you heal there shouldn't be any problems, though some common side effects of bad concussions are chronic headaches and light sensitivity."

"Chronic headaches." Sylvia repeated with a scoff. "Can't wait for that."

The doctor smiled. "We can get you medication if you need to, but Evania's mana should be enough to keep your headaches at bay and they shouldn't ever get as bad as this one was. If they do then you should come back for another check up."

"Okay. Then I'm okay to head home?" Sylvia asked.

"That's right. But I would get a bit of rest first." He explained before bowing his head a bit. "I'll leave you two alone, you're free to leave whenever you like. But if you need any help please let us know." He stepped out of the room where Evania watched him leave before looking back at Sylvia.

Let me know what you want to do. Evania asked.

"Just give me a little bit." Sylvia answered.

Is there any way I could give you mana faster besides... you know. Evania asked.