Chapter 62

"Are you sure Sylvia is alright with us taking you out?" Wild golden stared down into calm golden orbs.

Evania nodded to the older vampire. We never had a chance to sit down and talk with everything that happened. I wanted to spend some time with you.

Alice smiled warmly. "I'm glad to hear that."

"You could have gone without me." Sarah rolled her eyes. "It wouldn't have hurt my feelings."

You wanted to go to the bookstore anyway. Plus, I never got to fully meet you either. Evania admitted. Her bravery surprised even herself when she asked Sarah if she wanted to come with them. She knew Sarah was a fan of books from the conversations she's had with Alice. So she was happy to invite someone else along with them. Plus, neither of you can drive.

"I'm surprised you can." Alice chuckled. "I didn't think you'd need to learn."

I learned around the time I got back from Exodious. Mom thought I might need it, and so far it's been useful for when Sylvia and I go out ourselves. I can't expect Janet to drive me around everywhere. Evania explained. She found herself gently taking Alice's arm and the older vampire didn't seem to mind the contact. If anything it put her at ease.

Evania could tell from the way Alice used to look at her, like she was some frail glass mosaic about to shatter into a million pieces, and that she thought Evania hated her. That when she looked at Alice she could only see Agora and all the horrible things he had done to her. Yet from the moment Evania saw Alice, she only saw a reflection of herself. Someone trapped in their father's broken dream and held to a standard they wanted no part in. Especially when Alice pulled her free of that life and brought her to the tower before bringing her home.

Alice wasn't perfect, and when they had met they were both too broken to be anything real for each other. But over time, Alice started to correct her own broken pieces, and knew that she had to prevent this tiny child from becoming the same thing she was. So she took her from Agora and left her in the care of the Tower, because she knew a certain Descendant of Merlin happened to be there and that the Tower would be somewhere Agora could never reach.

Evania did not have a lot of contact with Sarah, but everyone knew of her. She was, after all, the pride and joy of The Wizard's Tower. She wished she had the pleasure of meeting her. Of meeting Irisona back then. But the succubus had been trapped in her book for so long most of the Tower forgot about her. Aileena took good care of her, making sure she would always have someone to turn to.

To think Red and Blue were siblings to her mate though, that was irony at it's finest. Even the Kitsune that would turn out to be Akeno's daughter. She always thought Kai was beautiful, even when her hair was white.

So many strings had been laid across her path. Strings that she knew would ultimately lead her down this path. She wished she had followed some of them sooner, as she might have found Sylvia long ago. But she had her now, and that was all she really needed.

"So you want to go to the bookstore first then?" Sarah asked, smiling softly at the girl holding onto Alice like a child.

I'd like to. There are a couple books I'm looking forward to finding. The young vampire answered with a smile.

"Afterwards, can we stop and get some tea? Sylvia mentioned the cafe and I'd very much like to check it out."

Alice smiled at the shops as they walked through the town. "Where do you think Shana is in all this?"

"Probably off parading Xena through the streets of this world. Poor girl. At least Kai can see in other ways, Xena doesn't have a Zealot for a companion."