Chapter 47

The clashing of steel made Evania open her fingers just enough to see the result. She expected Sylvia to pick an opponent that had a similar skill set to her own.

The succubus flipped backwards, landing like a graceful dancer before readying her stance and facing her foe.

The sand flowed across the ground in waves as feet slammed across shards of glass as the woman darted forward with her daggers drawn.

The succubus grinned down at the fiery hair that was tied up in a warrior's pony tail. Sylvia blocked one dagger, using the fox's weight against her to prevent her from using the other dagger to strike again. Instead she was practically spinning around her like she was dancing while Kai was struggling to keep her balance.

Kai managed to steady herself just out of Sylvia's reach, though it didn't appear like the succubus was actively trying to attack and strike her as much as she was dancing around her and waiting for her moment. She turned her head a bit, her ear turning to face where Sylvia had spun and was now facing and ready for her.

Evania didn't want to watch her friends fight. But it certainly seemed like less of a fight and more of Sylvia making Kai seem like an absolute joke. Both parties knew that if Kai was using her flame this would be a much different story, but the fox was clearly restraining from it.

At least for the moment.

Her hair was starting to ignite as she grit her teeth in annoyance. She couldn't see the succubi's stupid grin, but she could sense how happy she was to be fighting. Or in her case, playing. Which only infuriated her even more.

Kai gripped her daggers tightly before spinning them in her hand so the blade was almost parallel to her arm with the blade facing outward. She dashed forward again, listening to Sylvia's footsteps and trying to memorize her stance and weight shifts.

Kai swung low, preventing Sylvia from removing her weight and making her loose balance. Instead she braced with her other leg as she pushed forward. Her dagger scraped off of Sylvia's divine sword before she pushed with her other leg as she jumped, spinning in the air and slashing her daggers across the succubi's sword several times in three different spirals before landing and darting under one of Sylvia's swings as she tried to retaliate.

Kai matched her footing to the succubi's and pushed up into her space preventing any sort of swing with her sword as their bodies were far to close. Instead Sylvia seemed to side step and sway to avoid the small slashes and swings that Kai made.

Kai hated it. The damn happiness and joy she could sense coming off of the succubi. She could visualize the grin on her face and it infuriated her more than she could ever know.

The heat coming off of Kai told Sylvia that she was about to get torched so she dropped into a random corkscrew drop where the fox stumbled forward nearly landing on her face.

Or, she would have had Sylvia not grabbed her tail with her free hand before she spiraled back onto her feet and pulled the fox backwards before kicking her legs out from under her. Kai landed hard on her back as Sylvia spun away before jumping and flipping backwards to make some distance between the two of them.

Kai growled and rolled towards her head, standing up onto her feet. Her ears folded back as her hair completely ignited in her anger. She flexed her wrists and her daggers lit on fire as well and she dashed forwards swinging her dagger at the same time. A lash of flames jumped from the dagger straight towards Sylvia who flipped over it, landing on the sand as the flames exploded behind her.

Kai swung again, this time Sylvia sidestepped, only to realize too late that the wave of flame was actually a chain hidden by the actual flames. Her dagger was now connected to a chain that seemed to be connected to Kai's gauntlet somehow. She gripped the chains and swung her arms, whipping the daggers hard, keeping Sylvia at a distance while also preventing her from blocking effectively.