Chapter 107

Evania stumbled into the room as her mother held her hands over her eyes. She tightly gripped Sylvia's hand as she tripped over the step no one warned them about and nearly faceplanted into the ground had Gwen not been holding her eyes closed.

"Fuck! Are you fucking done yet?" Sylvia snarled. "I almost died and I think you gave me whip lash!"

"Almost!" Octavia's voice answered as Gwen just laughed. "Are you ready?"

"That's a dumb question." Evania retorted.

Octavia and Gwen laughed together before they stepped back, removing their hands from their daughter's faces. Evania's sensitive eyes blinked several times as they adjusted to the light of the interior of the new home she was standing in.

"Surprise!" Octavia smiled, clapping her hands together.

Evania and Sylvia blinked at what they were looking at. It was the entry way of a manor, with a center staircase that broke off into two staircases with a wrap around balcony on the second floor. There were two hallways under where the staircase turned 90 degrees, creating two different archways into those hallways. At the same time, there was a parlor to their right, and a dinning room to their left.

Tapestries of the Pendragon Crest, as well as the banners for Willow Creek University were hung up in this entry way, but Sylvia was staring at the portrait above the center piece of the staircase.

It was a beautiful painting of her father King Arthur. The only difference was his arms were wrapped around the adult versions of Sylvia and Evania, as though this picture had been taken recently.

Evania blinked in shock at the painting before turning around to look at her mother in shock. "Who painted this?"

"Alice did." Octavia explained with a smile.

"I showed her a painting of Arthur a while ago, and she gave this to me the next time I saw her. I thought it would be the perfect fit for your new home."

"Our new home?" Evania questioned.

"Wait... This mansion is ours?" Sylvia asked.

"Technically it's ours." Octavia explained. "But there's room for Gwen, Oscar, Sol and Mani for when they visit."

"You told me this was going to be another campus building." Evania noted.

"I mean, I wrote it off as an administrative building." Octavia shrugged. "I needed a bigger office and was sick of living in what was basically a fancy dorm. I wanted a home to share with my daughter for a while before I retired."

"This is insane. We can't accept this." Sylvia noted.

"I'll just give it to Vanessa then." Octavia shrugged.

"No!" Evania and Sylvia both retorted, getting Gwen and Octavia to laugh.

"Don't think she embezzled funds from her own school. I contributed. " Gwen explained. "If it's basically going to be a get away home here in the human world, it makes sense I should help pay for it."

"Your room is on the opposite side of the mansion right? I don't want to hear you having sex with dad."

"Isirona made the bedrooms pocket dimensions for that very reason." Octavia retorted. "I don't want to hear the two of you."

"Mom!" Evania growled.

"I'm just saying." She shrugged.

"Can we explore?" Sylvia asked.

"Of course. Your bedroom is the first one on the left side." Octavia pointed to the upstairs.

Sylvia smiled down at Evania before the two of them sprinted off into the house to explore as Octavia gently took Gwen's arm with a smile.