Chapter 17

"Are you guys really dating?" Vanessa questioned, watching the Pureblood vampire raise her eyes from the book she was reading to stare at Vanessa, who was watching said girlfriend point out jobs to students and teachers as they set up the gym.

Vanessa had clearly just slid onto the bench beside her after noticing that she was here waiting for her succubus to finish what she was doing before they could both sneak out. It seemed however, that there was a lot more work to be done than they thought, and they would be here a bit longer.

Evania left the bookmark between the pages but didn't close it, like she intended to continue reading but wanted to make sure her place was saved just in case. Yes. We are. Why do you ask? Evania asked, looking back at her book like she was trying to keep reading.

"Well, you don't really seem any different with her than any other friend. Sure she helped you come out of your shell, but you guys just seem really close." Vanessa shrugged.

Why does it matter to you?

"Because I'm curious." Vanessa chuckled.

It doesn't have anything to do with you, so it really shouldn't matter to you.

"Are you angry? I'm just curious!" The young vampire laughed.

You seem more interested in my love life than I am. Evania noted.

Vanessa shrugged with another laugh. "You can ask Zali, I'm always butting into other people's business."

"Sounds about right." Zali grumbled from over their shoulders. "You need to leave Eva alone Ness." The mage warned.

"I'm not bothering her! I'm just asking her questions!"

"Apparently they're personal questions. Ones that you have to clerify is just for your curiosity." Zali narrowed her eyes at her sister.

"Annoying." The pureblood signed.

"I am not! I'm anything but!" Vanessa retorted.

"You are definitely annoying." Eva corrected.

Zali took Vanessa's arm and pulled her off the bench. "Come on, let's go get some food."

"Come on! I want-"

"Ness. Now." The mage ordered, dragging Vanessa away as Evania watched with a smile.

She was about to go back to her book when a familiar scent crossed her nose. She raised her head just as Sylvia floated above her, hovering so their faces were close enough that the succubi's candy scented breath was begging to be taken.

"Can I?" Sylvia whispered, her eyes meeting Evania's in a gentle smile. The vampire nodding and meeting her half way, giving her new girlfriend a chaste, but loving kiss.

"Do you wanna get out of here?" Sylvia questioned.

Are you done for the day? Evania asked, glancing back towards Janet who was still going through some papers and talking to other people about setting up.

"I've been here for four hours. I deserve a break."

Does Janet know that?

"Well, she did just watch me suck your face, so I dunno. Probably."

I'm glad. I'm sure my best friend loves watching you do that to me.

"I'm sure anyone would love to watch two sexy girls make out." Sylvia noted. "Let's go."

Where do you want to go?

"Home. There's a weird question I want to ask you."

Is it?