Chapter 83

Evania smiled as she watched King Arthur laugh whole heartedly from his desk, setting his mug of tea back onto the wood. "It seems like Vanessa and Sylvia keep you and your friends on your toes."

The vampire held her own mug between her hands, glancing down at the dark liquid. She didn't think she'd be able to taste the tea at all, but it seemed like her mind remembered it, or at the very least was very good at imagining the flavor. She looked back up at Arthur and nodded. "But they both take care of me. Vanessa is no different than Sylvia in that she'll come running the moment I ask. She was ready to kick the crap out of Guinevere thinking that she was bullying me or something."

Arthur laughed again. "I think you mentioned meeting her. She made you nervous?"

"I wasn't ready to meet Sylvia's parents. I wasn't prepared for it at all. I was planning on reading a book and waiting for Syl to get out of class only for this woman who looked exactly like my Syl to walk up to me and ask me for help. I thought she was trying to play a prank on me."

"I'm sure she didn't mean it."

"Of course not." Evania waved him off. "She's long since apologized and I've spoken to her about it. Mani and Sol were trying to surprise Sylvia and were going to visit me after talking with Syl, but Gwen got lost and ended up finding me by mistake. But she's been looking after me just as much."

"Sol and Mani... You've mentioned them a couple times. Their, Guin's younger daughters?"

Evania nodded. "They're Sylvia's younger sisters. Their father's name is Oscar, and he's a vampire. He's also an archeologist."

"I bet he gets along well with Sylvia." He chuckled.

Evania was impressed that Arthur didn't seem at all sad, knowing that Gwen had moved onto someone new and had two more daughters. He honestly seemed proud of the fact instead.

"Oh absolutely. I've only met him once, but he spent the last few years digging through ruins looking for your crown to give to Sylvia. I guess someone took it and moved it somewhere in Exodious but he was desperate to find it to give to her."

"She got my message?"

"He made sure of that."

Arthur glanced down at his mug, his eyes watering a bit before he quickly wiped them away like he wasn't supposed to show emotion before chuckling to himself. "It's strange. I have to keep reminding myself that my time being King is over, and I don't have to pretend to be some brave man anymore."

"You are a brave man." Evania answered. "You keep coming to speak to me even knowing it may hurt you."

"Knowing about what Sylvia and Guinevere are doing after thousands of years doesn't hurt me. I'm just... I'm happy that they've moved on. That they have peace. Sylvia always wanted siblings, and I'm glad she finally has them."

"Out of curiosity, I saw some of Sylvia's memories of the event where Mordred betrayed her."

"Ah... She would not tell me exact details as she did not want to relive it."

"I didn't exactly have the chance to ask for permission. I just saw them in my own dream when she was dreaming of it. But I did want to ask. Mordred looks just like you. Do you have any idea why that is?"

His fingers tightened around his mug as he stared at Evania a moment before sighing. "Honestly? I don't know how Morgan did it, but yes. I do think that Mordred was my son. I just... I can't figure out how it happened. I would never be unfaithful to Guinevere, I mean... honestly... she's a succubus, who would?"

"As much as I don't want to agree, I am dating your daughter...." Evania muttered before pausing a bit at her own realization, however Arthur continued.