Chapter 81

"Are you ready?" Sylvia smiled down at Evania.

The vampire took a deep breath, touched her new choker then steeled herself and nodded.

Sylvia pushed opened the door to Octavia's office finding her, Alice, and Sarah already waiting for them. Octavia was sitting at her desk looking over some paperwork while Alice and Sarah were talking to her. Everyone looked up and smiled at them as they entered.

"Good morning ladies." Octavia smiled.

Sarah raised a curious eyebrow at Sylvia's posture and smile. Her perceptive eyes seemed to realize that the succubus was much happier than usual. "You're glowing Sylvia."

"Of course I am." Sylvia retorted with a chuckle. "Would you expect anything less of me?"

"What did you do?" Sarah asked.

Alice smirked a bit, seeing the blushed expression on Evania's face as the younger vampire glanced between everyone in the room before looking to her mom. Octavia seemed to think something was wrong for a moment before Evania held up her hand, showing off the ring. Octavia's expression lit up as she jumped to her feet.

"You're engaged!?"

Evania nodded, the blush creeping across her cheeks even more. Octavia practically tripped around her desk as Alice and Sarah stood up with smiles on their own faces. Octavia rushed over to Evania where she took her hand to examine the ring.

"You'll never guess who asked." Sylvia teased.

Octavia looked up at her in shock a moment before her smile returned.

"Really, you have no idea how hard it was to get me to say yes. Like, it took so many-" She was cut off when Octavia plowed into her with a tight hug and knocking the air out of her completely.

"Thank you! Thank you so much."

Evania placed a hand over her mouth to try and stop herself from laughing, before pausing a moment, realizing she didn't have to. Though no one noticed as everyone was watching Octavia smother Sylvia. "I know you'll take care of her for me, but I don't think you realize how really truly grateful I am to you!"

Sylvia chuckled, pulling herself free from Octavia's embrace. "If you're grateful now, wait till you see my next trick."

Octavia blinked curiously.

Evania cleared her throat.

Alice, Sarah and especially Octavia all turned their heads sharply towards Evania. Completely shocked that she had made a verbal noise at all. They were even more taken aback when the girl smiled, waved and opened her mouth.

"Hi mom."

Octavia blinked before looking back at Sylvia. "You drained her magic before coming in here? So she could talk?"

"Actually I haven't 'eaten' all day." Sylvia answered. "Well, you know. Besides my usual snacking. That, is the result of two years of enchanting."

Octavia looked back at Evania.

"Surprise." The younger vampire simply said.

"You... you can talk...?"

"I can talk."

"Forever?"

"As long as I wear the choker." Evania touched her fingers to it again. "Sylvia, Kai, Isirona and Ciera have been working on it since they met me apparently. Or at the very least Sylvia has."

"But... you have your voice back. Your words..."

"I'm still scared my magic might slip out, but Sylvia promised they won't unless I want it to, and we've already practiced with it. I can control my voice the way I was always supposed to now."