Chapter 99

Vanessa's eyes shot opened, her chest aching with an unfamiliar pain. Her neck and shoulder still burned from Alice's powerful venom, and her muscles and bones ached from her second transformation.

What was more, her stomach felt hollow, and more empty than it had ever been before in her life. Starving couldn't even begin to describe the pain.

Her body moved almost mechanically, pulling itself into a sitting position from her bed, hearing the noises just behind the bedroom door. There were two scents coming from there and both were making her mouth water.

She climbed out of bed, the red glow of her eyes reflecting on the door before she pushed it opened slowly. Sitting on the couch was Ciera who was reading a book with her feet on the coffee table. The room smelled of two other people, but Vanessa either couldn't see them, or didn't notice.

Her body felt heavy and sluggish, and every part of her throbbed. She couldn't tell if it was her own heart pounding in her ears or not, but her ears were ringing and her vision was focused.

She moved forwards, and after two steps Ciera glanced up from the book she was reading with a gentle smile before a shocked expression crossed her face. It lasted only a moment before her smile returned as she set the book down and stood up. As Vanessa kept moving forward, Ciera pulled her phone out and made a quick phone call, her eyes never leaving Vanessa who's hands were reaching out as if to grab her.

"Hi, Syl? She's awake, and it's just as you said. Her eye is totally red, but she seems really slow. I should be fine, but you guys might want to make your way over just in case." Ciera smiled warmly at Vanessa like she was almost saddened to see the feral expression on her girlfriend's face. "I'll be okay, really. She can't kill me just by drinking my blood." She chuckled. "But I might need help getting her off towards the end. Alright. See you shortly."

She hung up the phone just as Vanessa reached her, the vampire's hands gripping her sleeves tightly before almost falling against the nymph. Ciera leaned backwards, falling onto the couch where she dragged Vanessa with her. The vampire practically crawling on top of her like she was going to attempt to pin her, however Ciera just leaned her head back and looked at the ceiling.

"I wonder if you can hear me right now?" She muttered. "Perhaps your not even awake yet?"

Vanessa leaned upward and sunk her teeth into Ciera's neck without any additional warning. She bit down hard, trying to coax out as much blood as possible and Ciera winced at the pain. She could feel that Vanessa was not being careful or gentle, and blood was dripping down the side of her neck and shoulder.

Ciera wrapped her arms around Vanessa's waist and listened to the hasty gulps and gasps Vanessa made as she attempted to get every last drop of blood from the nymph's body. "Get your fill, Ness. I know you need it."

Vanessa's teeth sunk deeper as her strength slowly returned. As she tightened her grip on the body beneath her. Ciera closed her eyes as the pain started to get to her but she still refused to move. Her ears started ringing with her body trying to warn her that something was seriously wrong. Consciousness slowly slipping from her.

"You'll... be... okay... we'll... be...." Ciera muttered. She heard the front door open but couldn't open her eyes to see who it was though she was sure it had to be Evania and Sylvia.

Just as consciousness was about to leave her, she felt the teeth pull from her neck as Vanessa seemed to gasp like she actually woke up. Ciera tried to raise her head to look, to open her eyes and see Vanessa but couldn't find the strength.

"Are you alright Ness?" Evania asked.

"Is Ciera alright?" Sylvia added.

They stared at their friend who was laying over top of Ciera with blood pouring down her chin and dripping onto her own shirt and the clothing of the woman beneath her. Vanessa stared at the bite mark that wasn't simply two puncture wounds. Instead it appeared as though all of Vanessa's teeth found purchase in the nymph's flesh, creating a violent wound that was still bleeding.