Chapter 102

Vanessa opened her door the second time where Sylvia stepped in. She was nervously biting at her lip piercing again and fiddling with her fingers like a child who was trying to make a decision, which wasn't far from the truth.

"You don't have to do this Syl. It's not the end of the world." Vanessa noted, realizing how much this clearly effected her.

Sylvia seemed to not quite understand before shaking her head. "No, it's not about sleeping together." She waved her off. "It's more complicated."

"You told me once that your pocket dimension was personal. That it wasn't a pleasure pocket like it is for Isirona."

"Exactly. But even then, it's not some private world for me to hide in. My pocket dimension is firmly attached to my very soul. Some of the rooms are connected to my emotions, and the bedroom she wants to show me is connected to my memories."

"You don't have to do this Syl."

"I don't think you get it. The reason that Evania wants you to see it is because she wants you to understand my devotion."

"I don't need to see it to know you're head over heels bat shit in love with the woman." Vanessa chuckled. "It's been made plenty apparent."

"Yes. But that's not the point. The point is Evania wants you to see it in a visual way that can't be explained as anything but pure devotion, so that you are in complete understanding that there is no emotion behind you and I having sex. You and I both already know this, but it puts her mind at ease."

"But it looks like this severely effects you. And that you don't want to."

"It's complicated. I trust you enough to see it. It's just... actually bringing you there..."

"I guess I understand." Vanessa crossed her arms over her chest. "But please don't think I'm desperate to have this. If you're not comfortable with it then it's not worth it."

"It's fine." Sylvia said before turning and drawing her doorway. She pushed opened the doorway and looked back at Vanessa. "Can you close your eyes? Until I tell you to?"

"Uh... Sure?" Vanessa shrugged before closing her eyes and holding out her hand. Sylvia took her hand and led her through the portal.

"We're going up some stairs, watch your step."

"I gotcha."

Sylvia led Vanessa into the bedroom where she placed both hands on the vampire's shoulder and took a deep breath. "Okay. Open your eyes."

Vanessa blinked a few times before her eyes focused on the pictures on the walls of the room as well as the naked statues on the walls. She looked at the pictures and quickly realized that they were memories as she saw younger versions of Sol and Mani dragging Sylvia's hands as they sprinted into a field of flowers. She saw a huge castle overlooking a city scape. She saw what could only be King Arthur Pendragon standing at the head of a table surrounded by knights.

Most importantly, she saw Evania leaned against the counter holding paperwork and looking at her nervously. A moment later the pictures shifted. One of Sylvia's mother smiling at her in a library. The next was Evania making a snowman with Sylvia, with a huge smile on her face. Another was of Vanessa herself sprinting across the soccer field, however she could see the top of black hair at the bottom of the picture and realized that Evania was seated in Sylvia's lap as they watched the game. Another was Evania playing volleyball with everyone at the beach, her skin covered in Kai's beautiful tattoos. The last one was a candle lit dinner where Sylvia was watching Evania eat her soup with a smile on her face.

"They're important memories." Vanessa noted.

"Yes."

The pictures changed again, one to Evania standing just in front of the bed in this room looking nervous and straight at Sylvia. The next was Sylvia looking down at the sleeping bare back of the vampire laying on top of her, gently rubbing circles in her back. Another was of Evania studying heavily at a table with Sylvia watching her. Another was Evania who was sitting across the counter from Sylvia, though she was looking away and her face was a bit red.