Chapter 87

Sylvia, now back in her own body, helped Evania settle onto the couch before standing up looking very guilty. "I'm so sorry Treasure."

"Technically Vanessa was the one who cracked my femur, not you." Evania told her. "But I am still mad at you."

"I told you I could stay in your body until it heals, so you don't have to suffer with the pain."

"Do you still feel the pain?"

"Well... Yes... But not as badly since it's not really my pain."

"It's fine. It'll heal in like two days." Evania answered as she moved a pillow onto the coffee table before lifting her leg onto said pillow and leaned back. "I am still mad."

"I know."

"I know you were trying to be playful, but it was rude and you got me hurt because of it. You're supposed to think things through before you do stupid things."

"I didn't think someone would be outside with a cart. But I was going to dodge around them until Vanessa kicked out my leg."

"My leg."

"Whatever."

"To be honest, she knew I'm physically stronger than she is and that you would have been able to break out of a tackle pretty easy. So her smartest move was to kick out my leg."

"Well, she still plowed into me because we stopped, I got my leg kicked out before she plowed into my back and we both flew into the cart."

"My leg, my back." Evania narrowed her eyes.

"I really get it. Please stop making me feel guilty." Sylvia whined. "I feel super bad and I wish I could take it back, but I can't."

"So how long are you going to keep that body switching rune in your Pocket for?"

"I was going to leave it in there. I have plenty of doors and stuff for if we need other ritual chambers. I was thinking about making that door into a hallway of ritual chambers and then just have that ritual room be one of the doors in that hallway. Just to make sure it's properly labeled." Sylvia explained. "Why do you ask?"

"It was kind of nice to be alive again." Evania answered.

"Awe, shit. I could have just used your voice to command Vanessa to stop chasing me..." Sylvia muttered.

"Syl."

"Sorry. Back on topic. Yes, I mean, if you want to switch bodies with me again it was pretty fun." Sylvia smiled softly. "It was a little worrying about how much power you had and all the instincts that screamed at me to do things, but it was fun."

"Speaking of instincts, how was that?"

"Well, my instincts can be pretty bad too. But I didn't think my body was going to be super overprotective over my mate. I literally growled without thinking about it." Sylvia explained as she sat beside Evania.

"Speaking of without thinking, you constantly feel sparks of electricity when we touch don't you?"

"Of course, you're my mate."

"That's why you're always so happy around me. You're literally being super charged." Evania noted.

"I told you that you were recharging my love batteries. It's not my fault you didn't believe me." Sylvia chuckled. "How can I make it up to you Treasure? I hate it when you're upset with me."

"I mean, it's really not going to be easy for me to just forgive you. You did basically get my leg broken."

"You said it was going to heal in two days."