Chapter 84

Evania tapped her pencil to her chin a few times before leaning back in her chair with a sigh. She felt like she had already studied enough, but at the same time she wanted to make absolutely sure she was prepared for her exam. Unlike her other half, she did not have a photographic memory.

She glanced over her shoulder at Sylvia who was curled up in the bed behind her hugging a pillow with the covers around her shoulders. The succubus was sound asleep and had been waiting for Evania to join her in bed, though the both of them knew it was going to be much later.

Evania quietly stood up, leaving her pencil on her notebook as she headed out of the room as quietly as she could. Sylvia was completely undisturbed by the action as she slipped into the kitchen and stretched, getting her back to pop pleasantly. She checked her phone, finding it to be almost two in the morning. Neither she or Sylvia had class tomorrow so she wasn't worried about cramming. She figured she could cram as much as she could now and get a full nights rest the day before.

Though, sleep sounded excellent right about now. She didn't feel tired, but she knew as soon as she lie down beside Sylvia she would feel the brunt of it.

She debated on making herself a smoothie, but she knew as soon as she put her hand on something cold her succubus would wake up immediately. So eating wasn't going to be a good idea. She wished she could just pour herself a glass of water to drink but it wouldn't help her at all. She wasn't exactly thirsty, just bored.

She stretched her legs a bit, wandering around the dorm room a bit just to get all the kinks out of her spine before she returned to her room. She glanced over at her notebook before changing into her pajamas and slipping into the bed beside Sylvia. As she did, the succubus finally blinked awake before moving the pillow she was hugging under her head before pulling her vampire into her arms.

"Do you think you're ready for your exam?" Sylvia whispered, her voice clearly still filled with exhaustion.

"I'm sure I'm fine. I just like to be over cautious." Evania answered.

"There's nothing wrong with that." The succubus yawned before resting her head against Evania's chest where she listened to the soft beating of her own heart in the other woman's body.

"Can I try something with you?"

"Anything you like." Sylvia answered. "But I'm really tired, so I can't promise I'll be as active."

Evania chuckled a bit. "It's not a sex thing."

"Okay. Go for it."

Evania closed her eyes and concentrated on Sylvia's very opened mind. She reached for it and grabbed hold of it before pulling it with her into her own dream.

Evania's eyes opened in her dream where she was sitting inside a familiar study, a warm mug of tea sitting on the desk in front of her.

"What...the... fuck?" Sylva muttered from beside her. Evania turned her head to find Sylvia sitting on a chair beside her before the succubus practically jumped to her feet to examine the room around her.

"How did...?" Sylvia moved over to one of the bookshelves where her fingertips slid over the spines on the books. "This is a perfect replica of my father's study. How did you get it so perfectly?" She plucked a small wooden rod off the shelf to examine it further before looking back at Evania.

"This isn't my mind." Evania answered with a soft smile. "I'm actually really glad you get to come with me though."

Realization seemed to take over Sylvia's expression as she set the rod down. "This is his mind isn't it? My father's?"

"I'm not sure if it's his mind, or his world that he created with his soul to speak to me. But yes. It's his." Evania answered. "I can come here, but he doesn't always show up."