Decision

I arrived home and went to my room, I quickly took a bath and locked myself before my parents reached and tried to knock down my door.

I've been locked up in my room for the past few weeks. I don't even know if my parents are disciplining me or abusing me. I closed my eyes and rested for a bit.

I heard the door downstairs opened and closed, that was probably my parents. I don't even know when my relationship with my parents started to worsen. They even compare me to others.

It's Monday, I have nothing to entertain myself with during the weekend so I pushed myself to study for the exams. First I had English and history, I wouldn't quite say I have possibilities on failing the exams but I did the best I could.

I had free time, so I decided to have some fresh air. I went upstairs again, to the school's balcony.
The breeze got stronger and blew freshly, messing my hair.

I remembered the day I first stood here, the day Kirari asked me to gamble with her. I knew I liked her since the first days I spent with her. I can't go to her anytime I want now. I felt a warm hand over my shoulder that caused me to turn to look.

"Yumeko?" I frowned in confusion, "what are—"

"I just came to check up on you, you got us pretty worried. Even though I've offered you my ears, you don't speak to me," she said and tilted her head to see me closely.

"I don't have time to be ranting, I can take care of everything myself, thank you" I said and smiled, which she didn't buy.

"Don't hate Mary, but she told me everything. She's pretty much in pain seeing you struggle—-"

"Yumeko, I am not struggling. I'm fine, really," I tried to reassure her.

"You seriously think I'll believe that?" She now said in a serious tone, " Y/n I get that you're trying to convince yourself you're strong, don't get me wrong you are, but everyone needs help at some point."

Yumeko removed her hand from my shoulder and started to walk away, before she gave another step I called her out.

She turned to look at me with a smile, "what is it?"

I looked down and took a deep breath before I spoke. "If you were in a situation where you need to decide whether to keep this or keep that, but you're too afraid to choose. What do you do?"

"Hmm, let me see, I guess I'd rather lose both," she replied.

"And If you want both?"

"Then, there's something you need or want the most from one of the two, I guess you can go with what your heart truly wants," she said with a wide smile. "You know, Y/n. It doesn't matter what you choose, Mary will always support you, I think you know that."

"How did you know that I was even talking about that?" I frowned. She giggled and nodded, without another word she left.

"Oh whatever, maybe it was obvious." I whispered to myself.

I walked back to class and Mary was getting out already.

"Hi, Are you okay now?" She asked, making me remember the pain I have just stored away.

I sighed and nodded yes.

"That's a relief, why don't we go eat together?" She offered and held my hand, "I'll treat this time!"

"I didn't bring food either way."

"Don't spoil the invite, idiot!" She exclaimed as we walked to the table.

We sat down and started to eat. I came up with a decision, thanks to Yumeko. I would probably hurt Mary, and that's the least I want to do. But if Kirari wanted me to cut ties with every girl in this campus, consider it done.

"Mary?"

"Yes? What's up," she said, taking a drink of her milk.

"I don't know how to say this, but—bu—"

"Chill, spit it out calmly," she said and smiled, one hundred percent not knowing what on earth I was trying to say. If she knew she'd probably pretend I don't exist.

"I uh— why did you and the President set a gamble on Friday?! Huh?! What if you have lost!" I said teasing her, tickling her before she started to cry out in laughter.

"S-s-stop!!," she cried, laughing and giggling, "let me explain!"

I then stopped and laughed at how red her face was of embarrassment.

"That wasn't funny you know!" She exclaimed.

"Sorry."

"She came to me offering some tea, but I knew she'd start preaching and I thought if I go I'd figured out what happened to you. Well, I was completely wrong about her intentions but she didn't surprise me. She asked me to gamble with her, and the loser— well gets to stay away from—you."

"That's probably why she dropped off the gamble when she saw me there, but shouldn't have —!" I exclaimed.

"You think I'll just stand there watching you go to class sad every time?"

"Mary, I— you- you don't have to worry about me. I don't understand her, or why she does things, but the only person that can actually tell you how she feels about me, is me."

"What are you trying to say?" She asked as she frowned.

"Mary— I love Kirari, and I- I am planning to cut ties with you and every—" I paused when I saw Kirari walking in front of us with Sayaka. What was strange was that Sayaka was walking right next to her, which she never does, she always walked behind her. My eyes dropped down to Kirari's hands, as she intertwined her fingers with Sayaka's. Before they were gone out of sight, Kirari smirked looking away.

"You were saying?" I lift her eyes to meet Mary's watery yellowish eyes, "you're so pathetic!"

She got up when Ryota appeared with yumeko with some papers in their hands.
"Guys you won't believe this!" They exclaimed as their mood suddenly changed when Mary stormed away.

"What did you do to her now?!" Ryota shouted.

I was busy thinking about what I just saw that I didn't even know how to reply.

"I'm out of here!" He exclaimed and left.

"I did what you advised me to do. Why does it feel like a messed up?" I said in a low voice, and slammed my face on the table.

"If that's your decision, then I suggest you keep moving to the other decision. I did say do what your heart wanted, not what your head thinks is right, "Yumeko said and handed me a flyer, "this may intrigue you."

She smiled and left with the others. It doesn't matter what decision I took, I always get to be alone. I guess it didn't matter after all.

I looked at the flyer, my eyes widened. I think even my heart skipped a beat.