The ups and downs

It was Jun that was standing on the school's roof, shouting that he hates everyone. Maybe he was serious about killing himself after all.

You saw everyone that stayed after classes were out watching but no one said anything, or did anything to try and stop him. People crossing their arms, staring like if it's just a sad movie about a kid committing suicide.

If he's dying today, You'll never know what he was trying to warn you about Kirari, that's what you thought. You never gave him the attention to listen to what he had to say, even if he just wanted to talk to someone. After all he is partly guilty of Yuma's suicide, and half of this crowd were once victims of his.

"President, should we stop him?" Sayaka asked, looking a bit worried.

"Let him do what he pleases," Kirari answered as she leaned herself against the wall with her arms crossed.

You and Sayaka remained silent. You could tell that in Kirari's eyes there was only amusement, she was indeed enjoying it. You looked over to the crowd, they all seem to care less if he lives or not.

'Am I part of them now? Having no fair to whatever that can happen, to just let things happen and that's it? To behave like it's normal to just stand there watching people die like in a theatre.'
You thought.

You had no emotions, you showed no expression, you were just numb.

Jun kept shouting insults to the crowd. You looked over to the crowd again when your eyes caught someone, the only one that had her head down. You watched back over to Kirari, she looked busy, entertained by Jun's situation, so you started walking away. You started making it into the crowd of students. You stood next to her and took a deep breath before talking.

"You two might have grown some kind of friendship, I'm sorry you had to witness this," You said quietly, making Mary look up to you startled.

A frown immediately decorated her face and looked away, "now you're talking to me? I thought we cut ties, and Jun and I are not friends."

You sighed and placed a hand on her shoulder, and cupped her chin with the other, "I'm sorry."

She removed your hands off her, "listen, I don't know where you plan to go with your apologies, but it's not working. I am no one's second option."

"Of course you're not. All I want is to apologise—"

"Damn it, I don't wanna hear your apologies," Mary exclaimed and walked away.

"Damn you screwed up, didn't you?" Some random guy hissed and turned away.

You took a deep breath once again to calm down, "it's better if you mind your own business." You left walking back to Kirari and the others.

You stood behind Kirari, as your eyes glanced over to where Jun was, but it was too late now. Too late for anyone to save him if they wanted to. Everyone watched him fall, in that moment it was all in slow motion. As he hit the ground, the dark red blood started to run on the ground from his head.
Some students started walking in already as if they all just wanted to see him die and that's it.

"Wow Impressive,"Runa mumbled in a baby voice, standing next to me.

"It's not anymore for me," Kirari responded, making you look over to her, and she to you, "You just needed a bit of carelessness to completely be gone from my sight," Kirari said coldly before talking inside.

"What?" You started following behind her, "It's not like that—," she started to pick up pace, "can you please stop walking too fast and let me speak for once?!" You raised your voice, making everyone stop walking. They all stood quiet and shocked at how you raised your voice at Kirari.