Desire to protect

"The election has been officially cancelled!" Runa announced, making everyone start whispering amongst themselves.

"Runa-san, may I know why the election was cancelled?" Yumeko asked, standing out of the audience, with a stern expression before she went blue.

Runa blinked and took the mic again, "The President cancelled the election and that's all you need to know!" Runa exclaimed with her usual smile and came down the chair to walk away.

Yumeko looked down, disappointed.

"He-y. Yumeko, you can still gamble just that we won't be using the votes anymore," Ryota tried to talk yumeko out.

"Shut up," Yumeko replied quietly but with a harsh tone making Ryota gulp.

"Where do you want to go? The whole school has a free period right now," Ryota started to add a conversation.

Yumeko didn't say a word. They started to walk upstairs on the 2nd floor back to their classroom.

Ryota saw Mary sitting down in Y/n's chair with her head down on the table. He slowly approached her and shook her arm gently.

"Mary~san?"

Mary looked up to Ryota with red eyes, making him look down and place his hand on her shoulder.

"He's gonna be fine," he said and smiled.

Mary scoffed and frowned as she stood up, "don't you feel any remorse for everything you've told Y/n?"

" what-"

"Everyone treated him like garbage—" Mary was cut off by a student.

"Didn't you Mary?" he said making the others agree with him.

"I- I at least feel guilty, at least I do accept the blame for any harm I've caused him," Mary defended.

"What's the point of feeling that way when he can't hear you admitting it, Mary-Chan?" Yumeko intervened with a smile.

Mary clenched her jaw, "Shut up. That you're supposed to be feeling more guilty at the moment!"

"Hmm?" Yumeko blinked, still wearing her usual smile.

"Don't play innocent!" Mary exclaimed.

"well give me a hint at least," Yumeko replied.

Mary bit her lips, she didn't want to spill anything out, not in front of her classmates. Mary sat down and remained quiet.

"Hmm? Oh well, I guess she didn't have anything that I should feel guilty for," Yumeko provoked.

Mary stood up and slammed her fist on the table.
"I wasn't the one that was kissing him in the infirmary room, now am I?"

The whole class had their eyes and mouths opened in shock.

Yumeko made an o shape with her lips, "but didn't you kiss him too?" She tilted her head and smiled.

Mary's clenched teeth and fist loosened as she walked out of the class.

"My, Mary seems overwhelmed," Yumeko giggled as Ryota frowned, "Let's take a walk, Ryota."

Ryota looked down and followed her. Thoughts started running in his head, what else did Yumeko and Y/n do in the Infirmary room?

"Uh- mm Yumeko?" Ryota spoke, making Yuemko turn her attention to him.

"Yes?" Yumeko said and stopped, a gentle smile curling up on her face.

"Did you and— y/n actually kiss?" Ryota asked, embarrassed, "if you don't want to—"