sudden scent of melancholy

It's been a week and a half since Kirari has left. I never thought it would be this terrible for her to be gone this long. We did maintain in contact with each other, but she was secretive about a lot of things. I hate to think that she doesn't trust me a lot. On the other hand I still haven't told her what has happened these past days.

FLASHBACK

"Y/n, sweetie, we need to talk," she said, closing the door of my room behind her.

"There's nothing to talk about, seriously, it's only today I stayed to do some chores," I kept lying.

I just came home late because I wanted to, so that I could spend hours on a call with kirari.

"So why did you say you stayed to do a project?"

"So that you guys don't have to be scolding me like right now, why else?"

"Don't speak to me like that, don't forget I'm your mother. Now about your grades. Tell me, wassup?" She said, not sitting on the bed.

"Nothing is up," I said, now annoyed. I'm really not up for this.

"Yea? Like your grades?!" She exclaimed, the disappointment was felt coming out of her. I know how upsetting she is feeling but I really am not into this right now.

Suddenly my phone gave a bling noise, I quickly looked over to my table, where I left it.

My mom looked at me and looked at my phone, she then started walking to it.

"Mom—" I gulped when she turned around and glared at me. I had a pretty good feeling who it was, but I caught myself thinking that it could be anyone.

My phone resounded when my mom took my phone.

I stood still in place just waiting to see if she'll say anything and after reading the text that appeared on my screen she finally spoke.

"You wouldn't stop lying would you?" She asked.

I gulped, "W—what do you mean?"

"Tell me, is it because you're dating, you are slacking off on your school work?!" She exclaimed, now sounding angry.

When it comes to my mom, she's more scary than having my father shouting and spitting.

"What? N—"

"Don't you keep lying! Honestly, just stop! Be a man and tell me what's up!" She yelled. I clenched my fist.

"Fine! Yes! am— going out with someone! So what?!" I yelled back.

"So what? It's probably because of her—"

"No! We just started dating! And yes she's the reason why I came late!" I exclaimed, and then saw my dad walking in.

"And you dared to lie to your father and I, twice in a row," she said now super irritated, and then scoffed.

"It's just none of your business," the words came out of my mouth, without thinking about it. It was just said.

I suddenly felt a burning sensation on my cheek, I quickly held my face.

"What the—" I bit my tongue to avoid cursing.

"What were you going to say?!" She shouted, "Y/n stop this bullshit! Since when have you ever become this insufferable?!"

She looked at me so angry, her fist clenched, I swear I could feel the heat of the fire burning in her eyes.

She started walking out, with my PHONE?!

"Hey my phon—"

She then stopped by the doorway, "When you fix this nasty attitude of yours, you  and I can finally have a conversation where you have my approval for dating. For now you're punished! I forbid you to continue seeing this girl, I don't care if you just started dating her. No more parties, no more friends events related stuff. Just you, and your books." She finished and slammed the door shut after she walked out.
_____________________________

Well it isn't because I don't wanna let her know, I just can't find a way to contact her.

FLASHBACK

I arrived home, happy that I managed to get a new phone. I opened the door and got startled when I caught my parents home this early.
They had a bag with thousands of yen inside... but that bag... it was mine! But how..

"Where did you get this tons of money?!" They started asking.

All I answered was gambling, which didn't make them any less angry. Suddenly my phone rang, it was so my lucky day, that day.

"And you were smart enough to get a new phone?"

In that very second my parents dared to search my room, to confiscate every coin, they even confiscated my new phone.

"You'll started living only with what we decide to give you, not happy? Try thinking of living on your own. Trust me, if you fail the year, I won't waste another coin on you."

Those were the last words that day.
________________________________

I leaned on the window of my class as I saw the students leave the campus. They all look pretty dead to me. If this school is an aquarium like she said, that makes us we are the fishes, and if the owner isn't around more than a week— we are dead fishes.

I still can't believe my parents actually took my phone away and even my money. I was unable to keep in contact with kirari since. I wonder if she's mad or worried.

I couldn't just start gambling again, my yen was taken away. Even when sayaka refused to help me contact kirari, not even she could.

I've caught Sayaka crying at a corner during lunch, when no one was looking.
But somehow she never looked shitty like me.

The two weeks had knocked at the door, and the school started to get mixed up. Kirari wasn't yet here.

My relationship with my parents started to get worse. My mind started to create conclusions that something happened to Kirari. I started worrying, and the desperation of not knowing anything about her up to this day is madness.

Next week we are going to get our mid finals and I don't seem to care. I can't study, can't think, can't eat, can't sleep knowing that Kirari wasn't a school. I felt like I was growing into a disaster.

________________________________

"Y/n?" I heard a voice say as I slowly turned around to meet Mary's sad? Worried eyes?
I couldn't process how she's feeling, I just knew I was feeling shitty.

"Hey say something, you've been like this for the past days!" Mary exclaimed, her voice trembled as if in fear as she approached.

Then there was silence, when Mary decided to break the silence.

"it's because of the Kirari, isn't it?" Was the question and It felt like I was impaled by it.

"You don't even answer your messages! You don't say what's going on. You don't rant to anyone. What have you done to yourself?!" Mary exclaimed, now crying on me.

"in what second? In what second have you brought yourself this low? You look like shit! You look dead, y/n! When was the last time you took a look in the mirr—"

"L/n y/n?" A robotic voice disturbed. I looked over to the Vice President standing near the door, "to the council room, please. Someone wants to see you."

_____________________________

Yall went from 🤤 to 😞 RQ

Guys it's DECEMBER ALREADY!!!!

THEY AINT PLANNING TO AT LEAST SHOW A TRAILER OF SEASON 3?!