Monty and Mia

Christmas Day passed by fairly quickly and Eloise was sat in her dormitory writing a letter to her parents to inform them of her recent engagement

Christmas Day passed by fairly quickly and Eloise was sat in her dormitory writing a letter to her parents to inform them of her recent engagement. She was aware they already knew of Sirius' intentions to propose however she wanted to be the one to tell them that she had accepted, though she was sure that the already knew that. 

Dear Mum and Dad,

Don't really like writing formally if I'm honest so this letter shall only be brief. Anyway, I know you already knew he would ask as I'm sure you knew what my answer would be. But, I'm engaged!! I'm really getting married! It feels unreal, every time I wake up and look at the fat rock on my finger I'm like oh sugar I'm engaged. 

Oh I can not wait to go dress shopping, I am beyond excited. Sirius also got me a kitten, a dear little thing, named it fish. Anyway..now that that's out the way wanna hear some gossip? Good because I'm going to tell you.

I've been writing to Molly Weasley, and she's been telling me all about how she's been trying for another baby. Anyway, she said when she does get pregnant next, she'd quite like me to be godmother! How exciting! Merlins beard, I can't wait to have children of my own but I do suppose I ought to wait until after Sirius and I marry, don't you? 

Anyway, back to the wedding, I think a spring wedding would be rather charming don't you? Perhaps some time during March of 1979, or a summer wedding and we could organise it for august next year! or even during the Winter! Oh I'm not fussed, I just want to marry! Anyway, please do voice your opinions, I don't want to wait too long because I'm unaware just how much time we do have with this war.

Well, I need to go downstairs soon, How are you? Are you excited? Are you well? Owl me back as soon as you get this.

All My Love,

Eloise Potter

Eloise finished the letter hearing Lily calling her down into the common room, Fish was still curled up in her lap and she petted him carefully as she leaned over grabbing the notebook Regulus got her for her birthday a while ago. She had come to the conclusion this was their safest way of communication, having forgotten completely about it until nights ago.

"I'll be there in a moment, I just need to write one more letter quick!" Eloise's voice echoed through the dormitories and down into the common room Lily's groan followed by James' amused chuckle sounding through Eloise's ears as she shook her head an amused smile decorating her lips.

Eloise opened the journal onto a random page writing in beautiful cursive:

Hey Reg,

Have something to tell you. It's quite exciting actually, but before I get into it, How are you? And Ophelia, How is she? It feels like forever since we all spoke. I miss you. So much. I love you too you know. Anyway, this big news.

First of all, Sirius got me a kitten! I named him Fish, I reckon you'd like that name, you always had taste unlike these cretins. All called me weird for naming my cat Fish, I thought it was unique, anyway, he's adorable but that's not the big news. You ready? Okay good. Here it goes.