Broken Promises 2/2

a/n- thinking about how I won't be able to fit the whole book into this. So what I might do is mesh it with the sequel. So when I'll finish this up to like...a certain bit. Then the sequel will kind of be like El's life with Ophelia for a while...and ofc..about Mia and Monty and the golden trio era. What do you's all think?

 What do you's all think?

It was time. 

Time for the Potters, Blacks, and Longbottom's to go into hiding. And Eloise was still grieving the death of her former friend Marlene McKinnon. 

Yes Marlene had betrayed her in a way a friend should never betray a friend but Eloise couldn't help but to think back to the time where all was well between them. Where their bond once seemed unbreakable. Back to the times where they didn't have to worry about a premature death, or a raging war. Back to the times where her parents were still alive and her and Marlene sat in her parents kitchen eating Euphemia's home baked cookies. 

And these were the things that Eloise thought of as she cradled her babies in her arms before handing them over to Dumbledore. As the plan was set in motion. 

Just after hearing the news of Marlene's death. Eloise met with Dumbledore and the two came up with a plan together, in which they unanimously decided that the rest of her friends and family should not have to bare the weight on their shoulders, of the lives and possible deaths of Eloise's babies. So instead, she would seek out Ophelia Riddle, and together they would try to find a way around the prophecy as impossible as it may be. 

With one last kiss to their foreheads Eloise handed her children to Dumbledore as he peered over his half moon spectacles at her. "Would you like to be the one to perform the spell or shall I?"

"I want to do it" insisted Eloise 

"Are you sure Mrs Black the consequences if not performed correctly may be-"

"Irreversible yes I know" she nodded in understanding "I have to be the one to do it. I have to" she insisted. 

"I understand" nodded Dumbledore "the portkey will be ready at precisely 11pm tonight. No later, no earlier than. You can find it at the end of your street."

"Thank you Albus" nodded Eloise "Goodbye"

"Goodbye Mrs Black" 

---

The sun began to set at 9pm. And the group of friends were gathered around in the Potters living room one last time. Eloise was quiet as she played with the necklace around her neck that her brother had once gifted her years ago.

The group were unaware of Eloise entering the building and therefore had no questions about Fleamont and Euphemia's location, and so with a shaky hand Eloise raised her wand pointing in the direction of her family and whispered in a shaky breath. "Obliviate"

A string of white light extracted the memories of her children from the groups mind, and all remained blissfully unaware of her presence and of what had just happened to them as they had no recollection of her children, all the photos that once contained them were empty of two little babies, all the memories of their first smiles that were once permanently etched upon their minds, gone. It broke Eloises heart to do it. But it had to be done. It was too dangerous for them all to know, far too dangerous. And Eloise wasn't willing to risk her families lives for her own benefit.