17

"Wake up fucker" whispered Lily into her best friends ear before beating her with a pillow "It's your birthday!!!" she squealed in excitement

"No I don't want to buy a furry baby" mumbled the sleepy Potter girl into her pillow. 

Lily's eyes narrowed at the girl who was refusing to get out of bed until a mischievous smirk settled on her face "That's a shame.." she shrugged "because I heard that Remus got you caramel cobwebs" but the girl still did not move so Lily tried to convince the girl one more time "and Sirius has a gift to give you..if you know what I mean" 

Suddenly Eloise's eyes shot open and she jumped out of bed darting into the bathroom to get ready quickly. Lily shook her head in disbelief at her best friend "So I tell you that someone has your favourite sweet waiting for you downstairs and you don't care but I tell you that Sirius wants to shag you and you get up" she asked in disbelief as Eloise appeared out of the bathroom  uniform on. 

"You don't understand Lils..that dick bomb" smirked the girl biting her lip slightly as she thought about the boy she loved.

"You dog"

"Don't you know it Lily-flower" she winked slipping on her shoes and into her robes picking up the small envelope she had hidden in her pillow case containing her brothers birthday gift. She slipped the small white envelope into her robe pocket and skipped down the stairs finding her brother already waiting with an excited grin on his face. 

"Happy birthday!" they screamed in unison laughing 

"I can't believe it we're finally seventeen!" James grinned laughing as he pulled his sister into a big hug. 

"I know.." huffed Eloise "can't believe I've put up with you for so long"

"Oi!" 

"Love you James" she smiled hugging her brother again

"Love you too El" he chuckled into her hair. "Enough of this sappy shit" he scolded pulling away "You're gonna ruin my rep"

Eloise rolled her eyes then grinning excitedly "Okay, okay" she smiled "Now presents!" she squealed making her brothers eyes widen in joy.

"Me first! Me first!" grinned James "You're gonna love it!" he smiled pulling a box out of his pocket and giving it to his sister. Eloise smiled taking the box and opening it slowly. Inside was a golden locket with her initials on it. She smiled at the gift opening it to be met with a pearly glow on the inside. 

"What is it?" she said brows furrowed in confusion.

"I got us matching ones" he grinned "So that we always know the other is safe..when we're in a lot of danger it glows red, if we're hurting it glows blue, if we're feeling happy calm and stuff it's just white and well..I think you get the picture" he shrugged 

"Oh James I love it" she smiled throwing her hands around her brothers neck before clipping the necklace around her own. "Okay." she smiled "My turn" Eloise pulled the envelope out of her pocket a huge smile on her face as she handed it to her brother.