Closure

Eloise stood outside her brothers door she could faintly hear James and Sirius conversing about quidditch inside the room

Eloise stood outside her brothers door she could faintly hear James and Sirius conversing about quidditch inside the room. She hesitated for a few seconds but took a deep breath and lightly knocked on the door. 

"Come in!" called James though it was slightly muffled by the closed door. 

Eloise stepped into the room nervously looking between the two boys Sirius' eyes were stuck on the girl. James turned to his sister with a small smile. 

"El! What do you need?" he smiled 

"I actually came to talk to Sirius.." said the girl awkwardly standing in the doorway "Alone.."

James' eyes widened at that and looked between the two, he knew that his sister would want to talk to the boy civilly eventually but he honestly did not expect it yet. "Are you sure?" he whispered to his sister as he made it to the doorway. 

"I need to do this James." 

"Okay." nodded the boy "Call me if you need anything yeah?"

"I will. I love you"

"I love you too." he smiled walking out of the room and shutting the door behind him leaving the two to talk.

Sirius and Eloise sat in awkward silence for several minutes both of them having so much to say, so much to ask, but neither of them were able to form the words that they wanted to say. 

"I'm so sorry." Sirius said breaking the silence, his voice breaking as he tried not to cry.

"Why did you do it?" she whispered barely audibly "Did you get bored? Stop loving me? Did I do something wrong? Was I not good enough? Why did you do it?" 

"No, it wasn't your fault. Please don't think it was you fault. I love you more than words can describe. I'm a fool. An idiot, I loved you and you're my soulmate, you are the love of my life but no matter how many times I say it, how many times I apologise to you things won't get better. Because what I did..is unforgivable, but please I beg of you give me another chance."

"I can't Sirius." the girl said quietly the heartbreak in her voice prominent "I can't. Not yet anyway, if you asked me a year or even six months from now, maybe my answer would be different but I do not expect you to wait for me that would be cruel of me to ask, but I am asking you for time. That's all I need, give me time to heal my heart and learn to love myself again and one day perhaps I will be able to allow myself to take you back."

"I understand." nodded the boy letting a tear slip out of his eye. "But I would wait for you until the end of time if I have to."

Eloise smiled slightly at this but her smile faded as she remembered the question she had been dying to ask but didn't want to know the answer to. "can I ask you one more thing?"

"Anything." the boy in front of her said 

"How far did you go?...with them girls I mean.." she gulped 

Sirius' heart beat fast and his stomach dropped scared to answer the question. Truthfully, he didn't know why he was so scared because he never went any further than kissing the girls. But the more he thought about it, there's something just so intimate about a kiss. It's where everything usually begins, where things start to escalate and arguably where 'sparks fly' as some might say. Granted he felt nothing when he kissed these girls not even a hint of lust, if anything he felt discomfort. The strange sensation of the lips he was kissing was foreign to him. He hated it. So why didn't he stop? That was a question he could not answer.

"I never went any further than kissing them.."

"Okay." nodded the girl "Thank you for this..for our relationship..the good parts of course"

"Of course." nodded the boy "I wish I could take it back" he said as she sat down beside him

"Me too." she said 

"I love you." he whispered tears streaming down his face resting his forehead against hers.

"I love you too." 

But there was something about this moment that felt different to the others that they had, had. This 'I love you' sounded different, more sincere. It sounded as if it were their last. Because the couple sat there remembering their good times together from their first 'hello' to their first kiss. And they reminisced on the past because this 'I love you' was not a hello. It was a Goodbye.

 And the two parted with their relationship together receiving their closure as much as it hurt them both to do. Preparing themselves to begin a new journey in their life, and meet new people, bidding farewell to their past and greeting their future. If their passes are to cross again, perhaps they'll start their relationship over and everything will be different. Whether that be ten days or ten years from that moment, Sirius Black did not care because he loved Eloise Potter with all of his heart and he told her he would wait until the end of time if he had to. He intended to stick by that.

Eloise left James' bedroom with tear stained cheeks leaving a heartbroken Sirius Black behind and finding her brother sitting on her bed waiting. "It's over James." she cried "It's really over"

"C'mere" said the boy pulling his sister into a hug comforting her as she sobbed into his chest one last time. "Did you get the answers you needed."

"Yeah I did." nodded the girl drying her cheeks.

"And?"

"I think it's gonna be okay." she sniffed "It hurts now, but it will get better, the worst part is over, and I've now got my closure. So, it can only get better. I can finally heal."

"Do you think you'll ever take him back?"

"Maybe one day I will" she nodded "I love him so much. I don't think anyone can change my mind on that even if I did move on and find someone else, no one can replace him."

"You were soulmates."

"Yeah..we were" she said letting one final tear slip out her eye as she got her closure and said goodbye to the relationship she formerly had with Sirius Black. "Stay with me?" she asked her brother climbing into bed.

"Of course." 

"I love you James"

"I love you too Ellie." 

And the two siblings slept peacefully that night. And for the first time in almost a month Eloise Potter had a full nights rest as she moved into the next chapter of her life and finally received her closure.

a/n- I cried writing this even though its super short/ also that is my literal fav gif of James