Options

a/n- boring chapter tbh lol, gonna do a bit of El and Phelia soon. Anyway, love you all, got writers block at the end so this is proper rubbish haha.

 Anyway, love you all, got writers block at the end so this is proper rubbish haha

Less than a month later Lily Potter and Alice long bottom both went into labour. Bringing into the world only a day apart. Two beautiful baby boys Harry Potter and Neville long bottom. With the twins now a month old and the newborn baby boys, the whole group of friends were the happiest they had been for a long long time. Despite the absence of Peter Pettigrew who was off visiting his ill mother. Eloise was thrilled to be back with the order, and Molly was overjoyed to be able to babysit even more children. 

But the celebration was short lived as the group of happy parents entered the brightly lit room after having months off brining them into August 1980 only to be met with the solemn expressions of the various order members, their eyes diverting to Eloise, Lily and Alice almost immediately making their blood run cold. 

"What?" asked Eloise in a panic "What is it?"

"it's about your children Mrs Black" came the voice of an order member who's name Eloise could not remember. "You too..Longbottom, Potter" 

"My children?" asked the woman in a panic "Are they okay? what's happened? Are they hurt? please tell me he hasn't got them" Eloise said beginning to panic as Sirius too tensed at the mention of his babies. 

"Sit down please" came the calm voice of Albus Dumbledore. 

"Sit down?!" exclaimed Sirius in disbelief and anger "We've just been told our babies are in danger and you want us to fucking sit down?!"

"No one said your babies are in danger Sirius" said Dumbledore face remaining stoic. 

"You didn't have to" intervened James "I know that look. It's the look you give us all when you tell us someones dead, or is gonna die, or fuck knows what else!" he said throwing his hands up "Not my Harry" he said shaking his head tearing up slightly "Please tell me it's not my Harry"

"There is a prophecy" Dumbledore spoke calmly "Written by a Sybil Trelawney."

"A prophecy?" asked Peter with peaked interest "What prophecy?"

"Unfortunately I believe that this is a matter I can only disclose with the parents of these four children" spoke the man calmly "So I must ask that the rest of you leave the room"

The various order members complied instantly scurrying out Remus slowly following, Peter however lingered behind slightly until he was tugged out by Remus who closed the door behind him.

Dumbledore cast a quick silencing charm over the room and confronted the worried parents with the awful truth. 

"What is it?" asked a fretful Alice fear coursing through every inch of her body. 

Dumbledore said nothing but pulled out a small slip of Paper and began to read off of it. 

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches, born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies, and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not, and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the  other survives. The one with the power to aid the vanquish of the Dark Lord will be born as the sixth month is born. The child born on the ninth day of the sixth month must perish. Then the Dark Lord may fall."

"No" said Sirius standing up in a panic as Eloise began to cry "I won't let them" he said beginning to tear up "Not my babies" he said "not my little girl, not my baby boy" 

"One of them must die" said Dumbledore "Or Harry can not live. And the Dark Lord shall win" 

"No" spoke James solemnly "My fucking sister!" he said in anger "Her children! My nephew and niece! No!" he said "And my Harry?"

"It might not be Harry" said Dumbledore gently "It could be Neville"

"You and I both know that is not the case" snapped Eloise harshly breaking her silence. Making a moments eye contact with the aged wizard seemingly having a silent conversation about a certain blonde witch. The woman glare not faltering as tears brimmed her eyes.

"When?" was all Lily was able to get out "When will it happen?"

"There is no way to tell" was all Dumbledore could say. 

"So you're telling me" said an angry Frank "That El's kid has to die, for Harry or Neville to live and you don't fucking know when?" 

"I understand your anger but the prophecy has been made and-"

"The un-fucking-make it" said Sirius "Smash it, crush it, rub it out or something. Just do something! Not my babies"

"Mr Black there is nothing that can be done" said Dumbledore sympathetically. "But perhaps the best thing you could do is go into-"

"Hiding?!" scoffed Eloise finishing the mans sentence "After months of hiding you want me to go again?" she scoffed in disbelief "One of my children. Will die and you're telling me to go into fucking hiding?"

"It's the safest option" said Dumbledore 

"There is no option though is there?" she asked rhetorically "We don't get a fucking choice. It's either one of my babies or theirs" she said pointing to James and Lily. "And I think we both know...that one day the dark lord will fall. And you and I..we know why..we've spoke about why and how. This is why you didnt want me to find the others isn't it?" she realised laughing sardonically "Holy shit" you knew she spat "You fucking knew this whole time." 

"What are you talking about El?" frowned Sirius noticing the woman gripping something tightly in her pocket. 

"Nothing" she said shaking her head maintaining eye contact with Dumbledore her jaw clenched and cheeks wet and puffy. "It's her isn't it?" she said speaking to Dumbledore who didn't say anything in return "It's her" she said in disbelief. "She knows. She's knows the rest of it don't she? She might hate him, but he is still her father, and she's her father's daughter. Is she really our only hope?"

Dumbledore didn't have to answer the question for Eloise to know the truth. The silence was the loudest it could possibly be and spoke for him. Eloise Black's only hope, her child's life, laid in the hands of Ophelia Riddle. 

It was Ophelia. Who knew how to vanquish her father. It was Ophelia who was the only witch excluding Dumbledore that was far more powerful than her father. It was Ophelia who knew the rest of the prophecy. It was Ophelia who was more loyal than any Hufflepuff Eloise had met, more brave than any Gryffindor, smarter than a Ravenclaw but above all far more cunning, ambitious and resourceful than any Slytherin including Salazar himself. 

"She may comply if you are able to turn her against him" said Dumbledore gently 

"And if I can't?" spat Eloise "what then? I just let my child die? I don't think so. There must be another way, we can't rely on her. She's his daughter! She loathes him, but she loves him. He's the only family she's got left!"

"She has you." was all Dumbledore said making Eloise fall silent in thought and worry. Perhaps there was a loophole in the prophecy, in the depths of the unknown. Perhaps there was an alternative and her child did not have to die. The second half of the prophecy was unknown the all in the small room, unknown to all in the world other than Ophelia Riddle. 

Ophelia Riddle was their only hope, but their biggest threat. The life of Eloise's child was in Ophelia's hands. The question was: Who's side would she pick?