1976

'ELOISE' James shrieked as he stormed into the common with bright green hair. The potter girl looked at the boy trying to stifle a laugh and remain as nonchalant as possible. 

'Oh hello James, you look different today, I like what you've done with your hair.'

'Fix it.'

'Now where's the fun in that my darling brother.'

'ELLL' groaned the messy haired boy with a pout on his face. 'Please fix it, I can't go to breakfast like this, it will ruin my street cred' Eloise was about to reply before a voice interrupted them.

'you don't have street cred James' 

The two potter twins turned to face the source of the voice to find no other than Remus Lupin standing at the bottom of the boys dormitory stairs. 

'Oh hi Lupin' the small girl grinned at the sandy haired boy showing her pearly white teeth.

'Hello Ell' chuckled the boy amused at the twins early morning antics. 

'Moony can you fix my hair please. I can't let my lily flower see me like this'

Eloise snorted at this and remarked 'she's not your lily flower she's my best friend and she said she would rather and I quote, "go on a date with the giant squid than have to spend more than an hour with such a rotten toe-rag"' 

'Ahh but she will come around eventually my darling sister, now fix my hair'

Eloise rolled her eyes but nonetheless with a flick of her wand her brothers hair was back to its original state. James put a sloppy kiss on his sisters cheek and dashed up to his dorm to put on the rest of his uniform leaving Remus and Eloise in the common room to wait for their friends.

'So Looney Loopy Lupin, that nickname the boys have for you, "moony" is that because peeves pulled your pants down that one time in second year or because you're a werewolf'

the colour drained from the boys face as he looked at the girl in front go him lost for words 'w-what? h-how?'

'well the nickname isn't really discreet is it and the boys don't have nicknames, you disappear only on a full moon and your reaction just confirms it. anyway, its okay I can't imagine what you must have to go through every month it must be awful'

'im a monster'

'what kind of monster irons their socks.' the girl gave the boy a deadpanned look before continuing 'your hardly a monster, you can't help what you are you have no control its not fair, i'm here for you if you need anything though.'

'thank you.' the sandy haired boy smiled at the girl with genuine gratitude as they sat in a comfortable silence that was quickly broken at the sound of several footsteps running down the stairs. The pair turned to look at their friends coming down the separate staircases James Potter was tumbling down the stairs laughing as he was followed by Sirius Black laughing and running a hand through his black hair, followed by little Peter Pettigrew trailing behind the two, on the other stair case came Lily Evans with her fiery red hair and Marlene McKinnon bright smiles on both their faces as they made their way toward their brown haired friend. 

As soon as James caught sight of the red haired girl his grin broadened if that was possible and he made his way toward the girl 'Lily-Pad join me in Hogsmeade this Saturday?'

'no chance Potter.' 

'Leave her alone James' chuckled the younger potter.

'she totally wants me'

'whatever trevor'

'who's trevor?'

'Merlinsake James, its a muggle saying'

'oh- yeah but who's trevor'

'never mind. I'm going to the great hall, I heard they've got pancakes' Eloise squealed in delight.

'OH- that reminds me! I need you to meet me and the boys later to help us with something'

'you AND the boys?'

'yeah'

'But you never let me prank with you guys'

'This isn't a prank'

'what is it then?'

'Thats a secret just meet us later please'

Eloise sighed before agreeing and leaving to catch up with her friends who had already left to go to breakfast.

James turned to face his friends a triumphant grin on his face before taking note at the dazed look on his friends faces. 'why are you looking like that?' 

'James, since when was your sister so fit?' asked Sirius bluntly 

'no. no way, don't even think about it, she's not about to be one of your flings, she's off limits you hear me OFF LIMITS' 

Sirius help up his hands in surrender but couldn't help the thoughts that crossed his mind as he wondered why he'd never spoken to the potter girl much before, she was gorgeous, popular, and smart but why didn't they ever speak before. 'What did you want her to help us with anyway?'

'Operation animagus'

'WHAT?!' shouted Peter and Sirius unison before turning to remus with shocked faces 'Why don't you care about this, what if she finds out about your badly behaved rabbit?'

James' face dropped in realisation 'oh shit.'

remus chuckled at the three boys 'its okay she already knows.'

'she does?' questioned Peter

'yeah she told me this morning it's fine, I think she's known for a while but just didn't say anything.'

'But, how?' shrieked James.

'she just put the pieces together I suppose, she's smart, so I don't doubt she will be able to help you with your plan.'

'she's fit too'  interrupted Sirius earning a smack round the head from James.