Temporary

February 14th 1978

February 14th 1978. Valentines day. Eloise was buzzing with anticipation, having already been sent twelve dozen roses, by boys from various houses clearly unaware as to how much she hates roses. 

The great hall was decorated by floating hearts and cherubs, a soft music playing in the back ground as the pupils ate their breakfast, Eloise was sat with Lily. Alice and Marlene had ran off with Frank and Mia. James and his friends joined the two girls Lily receiving a Valentine from James, Sirius receiving some from several admirers who did not bother to keep their identity anonymous and Peter receiving none. Ha loser.

Eloise groaned as she had yet another red envelope decorated with hearts dropped into her cereal. "Seriously?!" the girl huffed pulling the envelope out of the bowl. 

"Bloody hell El I think you've got more valentines than anyone in the school!" snorted James

"You should have seen all the Roses this morning" exclaimed the girl "I hate roses"

"We know love" laughed Remus 

But before Eloise could say anything else Freddie slid into the seat next to the girl "Hello beautiful" he smiled pecking her lips affectionately "You look absolutely breathtaking today." 

"Are you up to something Mr Robynrowes?" She giggled with narrowed eyes

"But of course I am Miss Potter." he grinned mischievously "Meet me at the front of the school at one" he grinned pecking her forehead 

"Okay." she smiled kissing him softly once more ignoring the scowls from envious boys and girls. 

"Brilliant. Happy Valentines day my love" 

"Happy Valentines day Freddie" 

"You two are so cute it's sickening" said Lily staring at the pair 

"We're not even together" laughed Eloise resting her head on the Ravenclaws shoulder

"Yet." finished the blonde smiling down at the girl beside him making her blush and Lily squeal. 

"Right." caught James looking at the boy "As her big brother-"

"You're literally older by like two minutes-" started the girl 

"Best two minutes of my life" he smiled sarcastically turning back to the boy "As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted" hissed James sending a pointed glare to his sister who smirked snickering under her breath "If you hurt my sister, I will not hesitate to use an unforgivable curse on you-"

"James!" scolded Eloise

"Okay maybe I won't do that..I will..but since thats technically illegal lets call it an extreme prank." he smiled "If you hurt my sister I will not hesitate to use an extreme prank of you bitch." 

"I have no intentions of hurting Eloise" he smiled as he looked adoringly at the girl beside him 

"Good." nodded James 

"I'm gonna go get ready for later anyway" smiled the Ravenclaw kissing Eloise goodbye 

"Me too..Lily you coming?" 

"Yeah." nodded the red head following her friend out of the great hall once they were out of ear shot James opened his mouth.

"I don't trust him." 

"Why?" frowned Peter "He seems so nice..he's perfect for El" shrugged the boy turning to his long hair friend "No offence Sirius"

"None taken" Liar

But Peter ignored this and proceeded to justify his statement "It's just you treated her like shit mate, you cheated on her and stomped all over her heart, you were toxic and just wouldn let her be happy, bit of a dick move. but he makes her so happy and he's so kind to her too, he's super smart and their babies would be really attractive-"

"Bit weird mate." Remus cut in frowning at the mousy haired boy "But yeah. Freddie is perfect for El so why don't you trust him? He's basically flawless personality wise. Easy on the eyes too I suppose" shrugged the lycanthrope 

"That's exactly it though isn't it" sighed James "He's perfect. He's too perfect and therefore I don't trust him. El is happy, too happy."

"Oh what a shame!" sigh Sirius dramatically "Eloise is happy it's the end of the world. Merlin forbid"

"No that's not what I mean." huffed James "No one is that perfect, if someone seems to good to be true then they probably are. And Freddie seems too good to be true, I don't trust him. I feel like this is just an act of some sort, I dunno, I'm probably wrong and god I hope I am but something doesn't seem right with this bloke. It's not that I think he would hurt her like you did Sirius but I feel like he's gonna get comfortable.."

"Too comfortable?" frowned Remus 

"Too comfortable." nodded James

"So what do we do?" frowned the werewolf

"We sit back and pray to merlin that I am wrong."

"Wrong about what exactly I'm confused?" frowned Sirius 

"I think he's using her..and temporary people don't deserve permanent feelings so oh lord I pray that he is not temporary for Els sake."

---

a/n- shorter chapter today, but I promise the next one is gonna be goooddd