Even Stevens

"How are you feeling?" asked James softly as he sat opposite his sister on his bed seeing as she really did not want to see Marlene at this moment in time, and Lily and Alice even took to sleeping on the floor in the Marauders room that night, not...

"How are you feeling?" asked James softly as he sat opposite his sister on his bed seeing as she really did not want to see Marlene at this moment in time, and Lily and Alice even took to sleeping on the floor in the Marauders room that night, not wanting to share a room with a slut as they said. Sirius had slept on the common room couch thousands of thoughts racing through his mind, as he dreaded the thought of losing the girl again. 

It was the morning after the event had occurred and Eloise looked no different to usual as she adjusted her messy tie and messed up her hair a bit for the signature Potter look. "Honestly?" asked the girl and her brother nodded she sighed "I'm past being sad at this point" she explained "I'm angry" she said bluntly "I'm really fucking angry" 

"Well...as a prefect I shouldn't condone this behaviour...but if I were you..I'd get even" shrugged Lily from her place on the floor

"Get even?" asked Alice ears perking up 

"How do you propose I do so Miss Evans?" scoffed Eloise "I want to punch her in the face."

"So do it" shrugged Lily "But I say you get back at Sirius too"

Eloise sent her best friend a wary look but straightened up after very little thought "I'm listening" 

Remus excused himself from the room moving into the bathroom and Lily smirked at the girl as the remaining marauders and Alice sent the red head a curious look.

---

The great hall was quiet on March 31st 1978 the bright spring sun was beaming through the windows, the glass panes splitting the light enhancing its separate colours and the golden beams warmed the usually chilly hall. 

Everyone was chatting away and Regulus Black was sat at the table speaking with Ophelia until something behind him caught her eye. "Oh no" she muttered under her breath making Regulus frown.

"What?" But the girl did not answer but simply pointed to whatever it was behind him. Regulus turned his head and his eyes settled on Eloise Potter who looked beyond angry as she stormed her way over to Marlene McKinnon. "What's going on?" Regulus asked Ophelia 

"I don't know but I think we're about to find out" she said standing up ready to intervene and help her Gryffindor friend if necessary. 

Eloise's face was full of determination as she marched over to the blonde who she once considered her best friend. Eloise went over to the girl swung her fist back and punched her smack bang in the nose. Blood oozing down her face Marlene shrieked and tried to fight back but Eloise was not allowing it. She grabbed a fistful of her hair swinging her fist back again and throwing another punch at the girls face. And again, and again, and again.

Regulus' eyes widened and he practically jumped over the tables pulling his best friend off of the now bloody faced girl. "El what the fuck" he exclaimed wrapping her arms around her so that she couldn't lunge at the blonde again. 

Ophelia walked over and helped the girl up whilst Eloise's other friend stepped back to watch the scene unfold. 

"Miss Potter!" shrieked McGonagall "What is the meaning of this?!"

"She deserves it" is all the girl spat back "You little slut" she spat at the girl poison dripping off of each word as McGonagall gasped in horror. 

"El calm down" pleaded Sirius suddenly appearing out of nowhere.

"Don't you tell me to calm down" laughed Eloise humourlessly. 

"El-"

"No!" she yelled making everyones eyes widen even more some seemingly putting the pieces together as they looked between Sirius, El and Marlene. "You have no right to tell me what to do right now"

"Ellie what's going on?" asked Regulus softly trying to calm to girl.

"Why don't you ask her?" she scoffed pointing at Marlene who was holding her bloody nose 

"Eloise you have to believe me I am sorry-" started the blonde

"Oh fuck off" laughed Eloise "You weren't sorry when you had your tongue down my boyfriends throat!" Regulus' grip loosened upon hearing these words and Ophelia took a step away from the girl scrunching her nose up in disgust.

"She what?" spoke Regulus through gritted teeth looking much like Orion Black when he lost his temper. 

"That's right" spoke Eloise then turning to Marlene "You snogged Sirius didn't you" she said speaking to the girl as though she was a dog "Didn't you?" she spoke again but Marlene did not reply "Oh yes you did" she said again bopping her nose purposefully hard making her flinch in pain. "And you!" said Eloise whirling round to point a finger at Sirius "Not only did you cheat on me with more than one girl...but you cheated on me with one of my 'best friends'" she said putting making quotation marks with her fingers sarcastically. "I have no intentions of breaking up with you don't worry" she assured almost sadistically stepping closer to the boy "But I think you ought to get a taste of your own medicine don't you?" 

"W-what?" he stuttered out barely above a whisper scared of what the girl would do next.

Sirius did not know what he was expecting. Maybe a slap round the face, kick in the balls or even both. But he was certainly not prepared for what happened next. He was more than surprised when Eloise Potter sauntered back over to their shared friends who were not mad at the boy knowing what was about to happen. 

She moved slowly over to their friends stopping in front of the tallest of the lot and placing her hands on the boys cheek. Sirius could not speak, nor could he do anything but stare as the girl pulled Remus Lupin down into a passionate and lustful kiss, his hands resting on her hips hers running through his hair. The two ignoring McGonagalls yells to stop as they continued to kiss. Sirius couldn't hear anything nor could he take his eyes off of the scene in front of him as his heart completely shattered. So this is how it feels. He thought to himself as he took a shaky breath, the love of his life and his best friend kissing in front of him. And they made it look so real, so meaningful, they made it look like they were in love. 

This made Sirius question everything as he took in how real the kiss looked, how perfectly their lips fit each other and how comfortable they seemed with it. To anyone who didnt know any better they would look like a couple of lovestruck teenagers. But Sirius Black knew better, right? Eloise loved him. Right? She didn't love Remus. Right?

He tried repeating phrases in his head like 'its okay she loves you' or 'she's just trying to show you how it feels'. But no matter how hard he tried to convince himself of this it always seemed to be followed with a question in his head that sent him back to square one.

"N-no" he choked out in a sob feelings as though Eloise lost all love for him. But the couple made no effort to break apart for another thirty seconds. And Eloise looked at Sirius smiling.

"Call it Even Stevens" she smiled holding out a hand for him to shake  "No? alright" she shrugged pulling her hand away "Sorry Minnie" smiled Eloise at the professor who looked completely flabbergasted as Eloise skipped out of the hall jovially. 

"She is such a bad bitch" laughed Ophelia staring after the girl shaking her head making a move to go after her and follow the other Gryffindors but halting suddenly as if she had remembered something "Oh!" 

Ophelia turned on her heel and smiled sweetly at Marlene before muttering something under her breath and flicking her hand and the girl who's brows furrowed in confusion as Ophelia skipped out of the hall. The Gaunt rounded a corner and a sudden shriek echoed throughout the castle making the girl chuckle to herself.

a/n- next chapter is gonna be a bit of James and Sirius I reckon, maybe a bit of Remus