Forgiveness

Sirius avoided Eloise like the plague

Sirius avoided Eloise like the plague. He couldn't look at her without wanting to tear up. Was this how she felt when she found out he was cheating on her? It was the day before New Years Eve, and he decided that he needed to talk to her, he needed to apologise for snapping at her. Who was he to get angry at her when he out her through a pain arguably much worse than this by showing his disloyalty to her during their relationship?

"Eloise can I talk to you please?" he asked the girl as he walked into her bedroom where she was currently writing to Lily.

"No." 

"El baby please talk to me." he begged

"First things first, I'm not your baby you lost the privilege of calling me that the second you cheated on me. Secondly you had the audacity to get angry at me and tell me to get out when what you did was worse-"

"You shagged my brother how is what I did worse!?" exclaimed the boy

"Are you having a laugh?" scoffed the girl is disbelief "You cheated on me. With multiple girls. But I have sex after we break up and suddenly I'm the bad guy. Unbelievable" 

"Yeah but it was my brother!"

"And I told you almost straight away! And I didn't do it more than once! I acknowledged that it was a mistake and I didn't do it again! I did not continue doing it for three months until I told you!"

"I'm sorry" Sirius sighed "I was never angry at you just hurt.."

"Now you know how I felt I guess" she murmured gloomily "I don't know why I did it" shrugged the girl as she began to explain herself now in a much calmer state "I just- I miss you, I miss us, and you look so alike it just felt like I was being love by you again."

"What do you mean again? I still love you El."

"Do you? I hasn't felt like it these past few weeks.."

"Eloise Potter I love you more than words and describe. How can you doubt my love for you?" he asked teary eyes

"Well cheating on someone isn't exactly a declaration of love is it. Certainly doesn't put across the 'I love you and only you kind of idea..' does it?" 

"I'm sorry El..what will it take for you to trust me again. How can I get you to believe me?" he pleaded with her desperately 

"I don't know..just show me you love me.." she shrugged 

"Okay." nodded the boy enthusiastically "I'll do it, I'll make you fall in love with me again Eloise Potter!" he smiled jumping in excitement as he left the room

"I never fell out of it.." she whispered smiling to herself.

-----

Throughout the rest of the day Sirius went out of his way to please Eloise, taking a page out of James' book complimenting the girl whenever he saw her. And opening doors for her, pulling her seat out for her and treating her the way a gentleman would. 

"Sirius when I told you to show me you love me I didn't mean you needed to do everything for me" chuckled the girl as she watched the boy take the bread out of her hand that she was spreading jam on and putting it on for her.

"I know..but it doesn't do anyone any harm does it?" chuckled the boy 

"No..." she laughed leaning on the counter "Hey Sirius?"

"Yeah?" he grinned at the girl and she looked at him saying nothing for a split second before moving closer to him and grabbing his face in her hands making him freeze. She leant up and kissed him lightly. 

"I love you" she whispered 

"I love you too" he smiled pecking her again "God I've missed that! I've missed you!" 

"this doesn't mean we're back together.." started the girl "I want to start again..take things slowly instead of jumping straight into a relationship, I want to keep it between us for now..you still need to win my trust before we get back together officially"

"Anything for you." he grinned pecking her again, and again, and again. "This doesn't feel real" he laughed happily "I" peck "Love" peck "You" peck

"I love you too" she laughed as he peppered kisses all over her face. 

"Am I dreaming?" he sighed dazed "Pinch me"

"What? No!" laughed the girl

"Do it." he chucked holding onto her hips. She pinched the boys bicep making him yelp slightly. "I'm not dreaming!" he gasped laughing happily kissing the girl again "Merlins beard I'm not dreaming!" he laughed running round the manor laughing and grinning like a maniac making Eloise giggle. 

"Mwah!" he kissed her dramatically. "Bloody hell you're amazing."

"I know" she laughed flicking her hair over her shoulder. 

----

"So...she gave your brother a copy of Slytherins locket..they got honky...you got mad...then you kissed and made up?" asked Ron baffled

"Sounds about right." nodded Sirius 

"Even though you cheated on her?-" said Hermione in disbelief "Just out of curiosity why on bloody earth would you even consider cheating on her, she was gorgeous!" exclaimed the girl

"I agree with 'mione" said Ron "She was bloody fit Sirius mate, if I had a girl like that I wouldn't even glance in another's direction."

"Don't be weird Ron." said Harry

"I let my pride get the best of me-"

"She should have given you all your pride, boosted your ego! Look at her!"

"Stop talking about her as if she's an object Ronald" scolded Hermione "It's awfully disrespectful, but why did she take you back?"

"She didn't. Not right away anyway." Shrugged the man, "This was more of a one off thing. She didn't make it easy, I cheated on her for three months..she made me grovel for twelve." 

"Why twelve? A whole year? Thats oddly specific..."

"I don't know" answered Sirius "I was just happy she took me back." he smiled "But it's what happened during that year what matters." 

"Why, what happened?" asked harry curiously 

"It was the year my little brother became a death eater." Said Sirius beginning to explain where it all started to go down hill just as things began to look up.

a/n- shitty chapter ik but needed to be done. Needed Sirius and El back on good terms so that I can progress the plot otherwise it would be repetitive