17

Weeks: sixteen

The next day, Namjoon stayed at home, still processing what had happened last night.

He sighed and sat on his bed, rubbing his forehead.

"I am a dad," he said loudly, trying to make himself believe it. His brain still didn't quite take the information in. He breathed out, closing his eyes.

Jin was going to have a baby. With me. With me. I was going to be a father.

Namjoon didn't know what to do. He thought he should stand up and act like a man. Ring on his door. Jin would open and he would apologize, saying something like: "I am sorry I was confused and shocked last night. Please forgive me." Jin would smile and afterwards, I would take him to his place, where he would begin to prepare a room for-

I am not responsible enough, oh my god! I can't be a father!

Namjoon sighed again as he was panicking while trying to remain composure. A thousand thoughts were flying through his mind.

Maybe I am not the father. Maybe he had slept with someone else and now he just tries to get me 'cuz he likes me.

And maybe not, Namjoon...

Oh my god and what about my parents? What will they say? Will they help me? Help us?

Or the people at school? Or my friends? I can't keep that away from them. Everyone will know that I'm gay. Everyone will leave me.

But this is your fault. It is your baby. Jin didn't impregnate himself. You did it to him.

And what about the baby? Do you want them to grow up without a father as you did? Do you want to be the same fucker as him?

But your dreams. You wanted to be a rapper but now you will have to provide for them.

You will have to take care of them. You will have to take care of a baby.

He took his phone and the screen lit up immediately. He was hoping that Jin would text him something, but he knew that he was supposed to be the one starting the conversation.

There was one message, from Jimin.

Jimin: Where are you, buddy?

Namjoon sighed again and typed a reply quickly.

At home, I don't feel well

He didn't feel like telling the whole truth, because he knew that Jimin would ask him a ton of questions, which Namjoon wasn't prepared to answer.

He locked the phone and put it next to himself. He decided to take some nice clothes on and go for a walk with Bella, who was Namjoon's sweetheart, just six months old puppy.

"Come here, baby. Come here," he smiled at her and she ran to him happily. As he was putting a leash on her collar, petting her, his phone vibrated.

Jimin: Are you with Jin?

Namjoon stared in horror at his phone for a minute.

Namjoon: No, why?

He's not at the school too

He got out and locked the door, while Bella ran around his legs.

Jimin: And you're an idiot.

Namjoon: Y?????

you should act like a man.

????????????

And go apologize to Jin at least

I'll come to your house after school

and I'll talk into your soul

whoa can't wait

But wait, how do you know?

Jungkook told me

Did you share with anyone?

No, don't worry

———

Jimin came to Namjoon's house after a few hours, skipping school. He sat in the armchair in the older's bedroom and stared at the older boy in front of him.

"You should man up."

"It's not that easy. I have my dreams and I am young. I just.. can't have a baby," Namjoon sighed.

"Well, apparently you can. Jin is in the 16th week, which means he is four months pregnant. In less than 5 months, your beautiful son or daughter will be here, crying and pooping into their diapers," Jimin continued, swinging his leg over the other.

"What would you do if Jungkook was pregnant?" Namjoon asked, raising his eyebrows.

"I probably wouldn't be very happy about that at first but... it would be my responsibility. I had sex with him and sometimes, especially when you don't use condoms, "Jimin glared at the other, "or any other thing to protect yourself, babies happen. I would take care of them both. And then, after the shock disappears, I would be a proud dad," Jimin smiled slightly.

"You say this now," Namjoon looked down.

"Maybe. But... you love Jin, right?" the older boy looked at Jimin.

"Yes, probably," he made a little dramatic silence, "but I am not ready to raise a baby,"

"Do you think Jin is? Or anyone in his situation is? That boy is still shocked. He didn't know that he could carry a child."

Namjoon stayed quiet.

"Namjoon, what's going on in your head?"

"Honestly? There's chaos. I know it is my responsibility and... I don't want to be like that dickhe- I mean my father. But... I'm not ready. I'm still in shock because this is something that you just don't think about until it happens. I guess I still need some time to think, to make up my mind. I don't think I'll be happy either way. If I don't stay with them, I will feel selfish and bad about myself because I should be there for Jin and for the baby. And... I still want to be with Jin. But... I'm still a kid myself. How am I supposed to raise one? What about my studies? My dreams? This is way too soon."

Silence filled the room.

"I know it is hard for you but..., "Jimin broke the quietness, "after you will be able to think normally, at least apologize and buy him some flowers. Or chocolate. Jungkook said he had cravings," Jimin got up and walked towards the door.

"Jimin?" the small boy turned, "Are you mad at me?" Namjoon looked at him.

"No," he answered after a couple of seconds, "I understand your dilemma and that you're in shock, I'd be too. I just... I don't know. Just... think about it, Hyung. Take your time. I'm gonna stay your friend no matter what option you choose," a faint smile appeared on Jimin's face, "Bye, Hyung."

"Thank you. Bye."  

A/N: Hii! Thank you so much for reading! Please, if you like my stories, take a look at my new one-shot "Le fruit Défendu" in my BTS BXB one-shots book. I am really proud of that one. Luv u 😇