19 ²/2

"So, how are you?" Namjoon's mum asked while they were eating.

"I'm doing fine. The first trimester was hard but now... it's not that bad. My nausea left and my mood swings got better," Jin answered while putting a piece of meat in his mouth.

"It's very delicious, Mr Park."

"Oh, thank you," Namjoon's stepfather smiled at him, "So, Seokjin, tell us more about yourself."

"Well, I'm 18 years old and I live with my best friend Jungkook."

"Oh, you don't live with your parents?" His mother asked the boy, who lowered his gaze.

"Umm I used to but... they weren't really supportive..." he could feel the tears in his eyes but he tried to stop them since he didn't want to cry in front of his parents.

Jin felt a hand on his knee. He rose his gaze and his eyes met with Namjoon's, who was smiling at the latter supportively.

"I see. Well, what do you like to do in your free time?"

"Well, I like to play the piano and to cook. Actually, my dream is to be a chef."

"Oh really?" Namjoon turned to him, "I thought that you wanted to pursue a career in medicine."

"My dad wanted that," Jin answered, looking at him.

"Well, you'd be a great cook," Namjoon smiled and turned to his parents, "his meals are delicious."

"Really? Then you could work for me," Jin looked at his stepdad.

"Yes, he could. He is better than you, dad."

"First of all," Jin began, "I only cooked for you once. Second of all, that's not true," he looked at Mr Park, "The meal is wonderful, there's no way I'm better than you, Sir. And also, what do you mean by that I could work for you?"

"I own a restaurant. Maybe you heard of it, it's called Starry Night."

Jin's mouth went agape.

"No way. My family used to celebrate every birthday there," Mr Park smiled, while eating, "I created so many beautiful memories there."

"That makes me happy, Seokjin. Well, if Namjoon says you're that good, maybe you could cook for us sometime."

"That would be an honour, Mr Park."

"Call me Hyunmin," Namjoon's stepfather smiled at Jin, who nodded.

"And you, Mrs Kim," he looked at Namjoon's mum, "what do you do for a living?"

"I'm an advocate."

"That's cool."

A silence filled the room as they were eating quietly.

"Well, Seokjin, how far are you into the pregnancy?"

"Almost 19 weeks," he answered, putting his chopsticks away as he finished his food.

"Do you feel movements yet?"

"Not yet. Do you want to see a picture?" Namjoon's mum nodded with a smile on her face. Jin took the ultrasound picture out of his pocket and handed it to her, her smile widening.

Namjoon tried to look at the picture and his stepdad also leaned closer to get a proper look.

"Oh my god, I'm so excited," Mrs Kim squealed happily, "I'm going to be a grandma!"

She handed Jin the picture back but Namjoon was quicker as he took it from her, examining the little fetus on the photo with a smile.

"How come I haven't seen it yet?"

Jin shrugged his shoulders. "It's quite new."

"Do you think maybe I could go to the appointment with you next time?" Namjoon handed his something-like-boyfriend the photo and a smile spread on his face.

"Do you want to?" Jin asked and Namjoon nodded, "Well, then why not. Maybe the next time we'll get to know the sex of the baby."

"Oh really?" Namjoon's eyes lit up.

"Yeah, it was in a weird position, where the doctor couldn't see it last time."

Namjoon smiled and his dimples showed, genuine excitement filling his body.

"That would be so cool! I want to know so badly."

"What do you think it will be, Seokjin?" his mum asked, while still eating a smile on her face.

"Umm I don't know... and I don't really care, to be honest..."

"Really?" Namjoon turned to him, "Why?"

"Well, I don't find it important. I will love and cherish this baby no matter if it is a girl or a boy. More important is if the baby is healthy."

"That's true, but aren't you at least a little curious?" he tilted his head, acting like he was thinking, "Oh c'mon, Jin." Namjoon giggled, "I know you are."

The older smiled.

"Yes, a little. But there are more important things to think about."

"Like what?"

"Like... when it comes to my education or finances."

"Oh yes. That is what I wanted to talk about with you."

Namjoon turned to him and took his hand as Jin rose his eyebrows, looking at him.

"Move in with me."