31

Weeks: twenty-eight

"Look, I'm sorry for... you know... slapping you."

"I get it, Jungkook. It's fine," Namjoon smiled a little.

"I just... You know, I was pissed off because... Jin is my best friend and... he was really heartbroken..."

"I said that I got it. I deserved it honestly," he patted Jungkook's shoulder, "how is he?"

"Honestly?" the younger sighed, "I don't know. I think he misses you but he's still hurt, you know?"

"Would he agree', if I invited him out?" Namjoon scratched his neck. Jungkook breathed out.

"I... I have no idea. Guess you have to ask him, not me..."

...

When Jungkook got home, one of the first things he noticed were the letters - or more like the fact that they were missing. He smiled slightly.

"Oh, what is this?" His eyes fell on the rose in the glass, sitting in the middle of the dining table.

"Um, I don't know," Jin looked at the flower and shrugged his shoulders. He was standing by the stove, warming their lunch. "How was your day?"

"Fine and yours?" Jungkook sat on the chair, watching his friend. A bowl of soup was placed in front of him.

"I was bored but other than that, it was fine."

The older sat down and began to eat, slurping the soup.

"I have completed math exercises for you," Jin said, putting a spoon in his mouth.

"So, you finally opened the letters?" Jungkook asked and smiled. The older was quiet.

"And? What's inside?" he continued, curiosity in his eyes.

"Wouldn't you like to know, weather boy," Jin giggled and the other rolled his eyes.

"No, seriously, please, tell me!" the younger begged, trying to do puppy eyes at the older. Jin sighed.

"...They are love letters...," he said after a while of silence. Jungkook placed the spoon in his mouth.

"Love letters from Namjoon, right?"

He nodded and sighed.

"And are they good?"

Jin didn't want to smile. Hell, he didn't even want to think about Namjoon nor to talk about the letters. And here he was - small smile plastered on his face and discussing them with the younger.

"Um... yes. I mean... they are romantic."

"Ooh, what does he talk about in there?" Jungkook smiled, being curious.

"How much he misses me and loves me."

"Aww, that's adorable."

"I thought you didn't like him," Jin finished his soup and looked onto the other, who shrugged.

"But you do. And I guess he's trying to repair it," Jungkook said, taking their bowls and putting them in the dishwasher, "and he looks like he really loves you, so... I may have overacted."

"Oh, Jungkook admitting he was wrong? Damn, those are news," Jin giggled as he was watching his best friend, who turned to him and frowned.

"Hey," he exclaimed and threw a dish towel onto the laughing boy.

Jin's phone lit up, signalling he had a new message.

"Who is it?" Jungkook asked curiously, his eyes wandering to the device. Jin quickly took it and hid it on his chest.

"That's none of your business, young man," he said, sticking his tongue out. His best friend rolled his eyes.

"Oh my god, you're literally living here. I'm doing you a huge favour. Tell me~" Jungkook begged.

"And I clean here and cook for you and wash your laundry, so shush," Jin responded, shaking his head, "I also don't want to know what messages you receive or what you do with Jimin, so stop asking me."

"But if you wanted, I could show you. Like, I don't have any secrets, I don't hide anything from you," Jungkook pouted. "But wait since you talk about Jimin... did Namjoon text you? Let me see, Hyung!"

Jin shook his head and held his phone close to his chest.

"Is he asking you on a date?"

"I'd know that if you let me look alone," Jin said and his phone lit up again. He moved it slightly away from his chest and read the massage. Jungkook tried to look but wasn't fast enough.

"C'mon. I am your best friend!"

Jin sighed, "Oh my god, you're so annoying sometimes," he rolled his eyes playfully, "why am I even a friend with you?"

"So? So?"

"Yes."

"Yes what, Hyung?"

Jin smiled shyly, "he's asking me out on a date."