40

"Don't you need help?"

"Don't worry, I got this."

The truth was, he didn't.

Jin was sitting in an armchair with tea in his hand, watching his boyfriend struggling with a few pieces of wood and screws, trying to build a bed for their soon-to-be-born baby. He drank his tea quietly, trying not to laugh as Namjoon was looking into the manual that came with the furniture.

"Screw this."

"Yes, that is exactly what you're supposed to do with it," Jin giggled, rubbing his belly, while the latter sighed in frustration.

"This is probably for stupid people, because I, a very smart man, cannot put it together," Namjoon shook his head.

"Do you need help, darling?" the older asked with a smile on his face.

"No, you're pregnant. This is my duty as a father," the boy shook his head, looking at the pieces, "I am missing a screw?!"

Jin sighed and he began to look around. "I am sure it is here somewhere."

"Oh, god," Namjoon ran his hand through his hair, "How can I be a good father when I can't even build a baby crib?"

Jin sat on the floor next to him, hugging him, as the latter was clearly close to tears.

"Love," the older began to say, gently rubbing the latter's back. "It's okay. You're going to be a great dad."

"I will not. I am absolutely useless," a small tear streamed down his cheek. Jin made eye contact with him.

"No. You are not. You're only chaotic because you care about it so much and because you are very intelligent," Jin spoke softly, continuing to rub the latter's back, "Let's try it together, okay? It's gonna be fine."

He took the manual, reading the first step. He looked around the room, searching for the pieces in the picture as Namjoon was sitting beside him, watching his pregnant boyfriend work.

"See? You were so close to this," he praised Namjoon, following the second step. "What if I told you what to do and you'd do it, hm?" he smiled at the younger, who nodded.

"You're my angel, you know?" Namjoon said when they were halfway through the 'puzzle' and Jin smiled, "Without you, I wouldn't have finished it by the time you give birth."

"Without me, you wouldn't be building it in the first place," Jim chuckled, giving another instruction.
"You know, when I've found out that you were pregnant, I... didn't know what to do because I thought that when I will stay with you, I will be unhappy. But I couldn't have been more wrong. I am so excited and nervous but so excited," Namjoon smiled, tightening up the screws. He placed it on the floor and hugged his boyfriend from behind.

"Have I told you how beautiful you are? You are so cute with the big belly, so fluffy and squishy," he giggled, squeezing the latter in his embrace carefully so he didn't hurt the baby as Jin smiled. "I just wanna cuddle you all day."

"You can do that afterwards, now we gotta build that bed, so your daughter can sleep somewhere when she is born," he answered, but he didn't want Namjoon to pull away. He liked the cuddly version of his boyfriend.

The latter didn't pay attention to Jin's words and raised his t-shirt, only so his belly was bare. He rubbed it with both hands, feeling his daughter move under his fingers.

"If you start having contractions while I am away, call me immediately, okay?" Namjoon said and looked at Jin, who chuckled.

"We've already talked about this. Every time you bring it up, I tell you the same thing - of course. I will phone you right away, I promise," he cupped the other's face and pecked his lips.

"Well, I see that you've already started working on the furniture for her," Namjoon's mum appeared in the doorframe and Jin sat further away from Namjoon quickly, his face red.

"H-hello Narae," he greeted her awkwardly and the woman just smiled.

"Oh, it's fine, Seokjin. I like to see you two happy. But I'll give you some privacy, so you can finish your business," she almost closed the door but added, "Enjoy it! Once the baby's here, you'll be too tired."

The older's cheeks went red and the latter giggled, pecking his boyfriend's cheek.

"Let's finish it then," Jin said, focusing on the manual.

"Do you think she'll be beautiful?" Namjoon asked, building the bed carefully, so he doesn't break anything.

"Duh, she's MY daughter," Jin rolled his eyes and giggled.

"Oh, right. Sorry for even questioning it," he laughed too, focusing on tightening the screws.

After a while of silence, his voice pierced the room, "Jin, this might be too much for you but... could you, maybe, sleep in my room with me? You're really close to your due date and I'd be calmer if you slept with me. Not slept like slept but slept like-"

The older giggled, cupping the latter's face, pecking his lips.

"No need to over-talk," he stroked Namjoon's handsome face with his thumbs. "If it makes you feel more at ease, then sure, I can move my things to your room."

The younger smiled and pressed a long kiss onto the other's lips.

"Thank you. You are so beautiful, you know that?"

"Actually, yes, I do," Jin giggled, watching the latter coming back to building that crib. "You keep telling me quite often."

"Here is my favourite gay couple!"

The boys turned to the door, where happy Hoseok and emotionless Yoongi were standing.

"I thought WE are your favourite gay couple," the shortest of the group shook his head, as the two got up and hugged them both.

"Hi, what are you doing here?" Jin asked, smiling at the couple, who handed him a small bag.

"Well, we bought you this," Hoseok clapped in excitement as the oldest pulled out a small plush toy and a pacifier.

"Oh, thank you so much, guys. That's adorable," Namjoon smiled, examining the gifts.

"It was one of the most horrible things I've ever been through," Yoongi said, sitting down.

Hoseok snickered.

"You were smiling at the baby shoes, I saw you," he teased the older, a smile on his face. "And how is my niece doing?"

"Ready to pop out any minute. She's already facing down so... yeah, I really hope that she'll go soon," Jin chuckled, rubbing his belly. Hoseok did the same, smiling.

"Or I can't wait for her to be here."

"Trust me, everyone does," Namjoon smiled as Jin sat in his armchair.

"Oh my god. Why don't you stop him, Hyung? He's going to break it," Hoseok said, watching the tallest boy building the crib.

"Don't worry. He has been very careful so far," he looked at Namjoon. "You got this, babe, I believe in you."

The tallest took the glue, smiling at Jin, "Thank you, at least someone does," he glared at Hoseok and Yoongi giggled.

"Has Namjoon been treating you nicely?"

Jin nodded. "He drives me to McDonald's wherever I want."

"Yeah, I could go there even blind now."

Hoseok shook his head. "That would be a disaster. I still can't believe someone gave you a driver's licence."

"No one gave that to me, I studied and I earned it," Namjoon smiled proudly.

"You had to retake the driving test four times," Yoongi turned to Jin, who giggled. "And in the first week he got it, he broke a rear-view mirror of his car."

"Yeah, that sounds like Namjoon," the oldest smiled.

"You, guys, are so mean," the tallest said, pouting.

"Just stating the facts, love," Jin giggled again.

"You know, you are so clumsy and chaotic, I am still surprised that your sperm has found its way to the egg."

Everyone's jaw dropped and Hoseok giggled, clapping as Yoongi smiled proudly at his words.

"Are you sure it's his baby, Jin?" the shortest asked the latter, who was trying to hold his laugh in. He nodded.

"C'mon, guys, you are so mean," Namjoon frowned, focusing on the almost finished baby bed.

"Sometimes I can't believe it too. Look at the way he's building the crib. If his sperm had this efficiency, damn, we wouldn't be here."

Yoongi burst out laughing and Jin smiled at his great diss. Hoseok shook his head, giggling as Namjoon just looked at them, being as done as when Taehyung talked in English.

"Damn, you picked a good one," Yoongi smiled at the tallest, fist-bumping Jin.

"You're not sleeping in my room tonight," Namjoon groaned, finishing up the furniture. Jin hugged him from behind, laying his head on his shoulder.

"That was just a joke, honey," he smiled, closing his eyes, "What if I start giving birth, huh?"

Namjoon breathed out in frustration but smiled at the latter's teasing, "Oh god, okay."

"Oh, Lord, how come I've never noticed that you had such nice and huge tits?" Jin's hands held Namjoon's chest squeezing them lightly, which to the taller chuckled, "Well, I know who will get to breastfeed our baby."

"What? I am a man."

"Are you trying to piss me off right now?"

Namjoon giggled, "Sorry, but I can't get pregnant, so... I guess in that way I can't produce milk."

Jin shook his head, "Oh, honey, you don't possess the knowledge I have acquired."

"I don't know if I wanna hear that," Yoongi joined the conversation, watching the two.

"Men can, in fact, lactate," Jin said and Namjoon's eyebrows furrowed.

"Wait, really? And... do you really... want me to... you know... do THAT?"

"Namjoon, if you don't wanna do it, Taehyung might be interested," Yoongi giggled. Jin cast him a long glance.

"Please, don't even joke about that. He's weird enough to say yes," the oldest shook his head.

"Yeah, you are probably right," Hoseok giggled.

"Here, done," Namjoon tried to change the topic, getting up. Everyone looked at the now completely finished baby crib and Jin smiled at his lover.

"You're great. Thank you," he said, watching the latter placing it in the corner of the room.

"Wow, so miracles do happen," Yoongi giggled and his boyfriend smiled.

"So, you guys have everything ready?" Hoseok asked the couple.

"Yes, but we still haven't decided on a name though," Namjoon changed the topic as he sat next to Jin, who nodded.

"We've talked about it a lot lately but nothing ever comes out of these conversations. Do you have any ideas?" Jin asked.

And the author does ask you as well. too. So, guys, do you have any ideas for names? You can comment them, everything is appreciated because so far, I haven't named her.
Thank you for reading and love you