33

Weeks: thirty

"Will your parents be there?"

"No, they are at work," Namjoon answered, his eyes fixed on the road.

"Okay, then," Jin breathed out and looked out of the window.

"Don't worry, I won't try anything."

"Well, you better not," the older looked at him.

"I just wanted us to have some privacy to talk, you know?"

The gate opened and Namjoon parked his car in the garage. Jin got up and opened the door as his mind flooded with both nice and not so nice memories.

Namjoon walked into the house, taking his shoes off.

"Need help?" he asked, looking at Jin, who was struggling with his own. The older breathed out.

"Yes, please, thank you."

Namjoon squatted down and untied Jin's laces and took his shoes off. He then also helped him with his jacket and placed it onto the hanger.

But apart from this, he didn't try to do anything. He didn't want to push the latter; he was afraid that he could scare him away.

That was why he reduced physical contact at the necessary minimum. He hadn't tried to hold his hand in the car nor kiss him when he had picked him up. He knew that their relationship wasn't ready for it, that Jin wasn't ready for it.

If it were up to Namjoon, he would cuddle the heck out of that boy. He would kiss him, hold him and touch him, maybe even step a little further. But Jin was healing slowly and he was grateful that he at least got the second chance. They needed time.

"So... what are we going to do?" the shorter asked.

"I got us lunch," Namjoon said, walking into the kitchen. Jin followed the taller, looking around.

"What restaurant did you order from?"

Namjoon turned to the latter.

"I cooked."

Jin looked at the pots on the stove with meat and other ingredients on it, already cooked, ready to be warmed up. His mouth fell slightly open as the latter stirred the vegetables in the pan.

"Namjoon. You could've hurt yourself."

"Yeah, I could've but I didn't," he smiled at the other, who was still watching him with worry in his eyes, "you know, you should trust me more, Hyung."

"Trust you more?" he shook his head, "I saw how you were cutting an onion once. You hurt yourself multiple times. And what you do to the food is sometimes an abomination."

"B-but," Namjoon's voice slightly broke, "will you eat it? I cooked it just for you. Because you love food. And I wanted to make you happy."

Jin watched the boy, speechless.

"It probably won't be good; it definitely won't be as delicious as yours but... can you at least try it? Just a little bit. I really put a lot of effort and time into it," Namjoon continued.

"Of course, I will. I could never throw food out, you know me," the taller chuckled and Jin smiled, "I just got worried. Did you hurt yourself? Any burns, cuts?" the older examined his hands, while the latter was cooking.

"No!" Namjoon said proudly as he showed his hands to him and smiled like a small kid.

"Okay, good," Jin smiled.