Chapter 206 - Does He Want Me To Act Jealous?

"If it is required, we can do another round very easily."

"Pfttt..." Mai Yue Rui spit out the coffee she was drinking.

Xian Wang suddenly saying that made Mai Yue Rui remember how she told him yesterday that she was ready to do another round with him.

Did he deliberately said that to see her expression.

"I mean if we need then we can buy bricks and other stuff required from them in the future." Kong Xian Wang added.

Kong Xian Wang's explanation made Mai Yue Rui return from her daze. Thus she realized that she has embarrassed herself in front of them.

She held her head down and said, "I am sorry. The coffee was too hot for me. I wasn't careful."

When she was hiding her face Han Yefang picked up a couple of tissue paper from the box and gave them to her.

"Here you go."

Since Zhang Eliza was here, Mai Yue Rui can't make any scene in front of her. So she reluctantly took the tissue while looking at Kong Xian Wang.

But to her surprise he was sitting there indifferently.

'Didn't he call me to make us look lovey-dovey? Then why is he not helping me?" Mai Yue Rui was confused.

"Are you okay, Mai...Ms Mai?" Han Yefang asked with concern.

"Mmm..." She just nodded to hin and wiped her lips.

Seeing how Han Yefang helped Mai Yue Rui, Zhang Eliza wanted to try the same.

So she deliberately smudged her lipstick and looked at Kong Xian Wang.

"Brother Wang, maybe I smudged my lipstick while drinking the coffee. Can you help me?"

He looked at Zhang Eliza and replied nonchalantly, "Ladies washroom is just downstairs. You can fix your face while you leave, Ms Zhang."

"But I don't wanna leave yet. May be I can accompany you today." Eliza replied as she tried to held Xian Wang's hands but retreated them immediately.

Mai Yue Rui saw thay was happening in front of her with utter amusement.

'This girl sure can be clingy.' She thought.

'Wait...does Xian Wang wants me to act as if I'm jealous in front of them?' She suddenly thought.

'Let me see, what can I do...'

"Ms Zhang, let me help you with your lipstick." Mai Yue Rui suddenly said while wearing a fake smile

"No! I don't need your help." Zhang Eliza immediately declined her help in a seriously cold tone.

The next moment she turned towards Xian Wang and became a sweet innocent girl.

"Brother Wang, please let me stay." She wanted to pull Xian Wang's sleeves but suddenly Mai Yue Rui came in the middle of them and offer her help again.

"Let me help you. You are looking like a ghost with that stained red colour on your face." She said with an innocent face.

"What! How dare you? Brother Wang she is calling me a ghost." Eliza tried to complain against Mai Yue Rui to Kong Xian Wang.

But on the other hand Kong Xian Wang looked at her indifferently and replied, "She is not completely wrong."

"What? How can you say that? I...I..." Zhang Eliza loose her mind. She cannot accept that Kong Xian Wang will insult her with this insignificant intern.

She was about to explode. But suddenly Mai Yue Rui sneakily pushed the cup on Zhang Eliza's hand and the coffee fell on her dress.

"My dress!" Eliza stood up fron her seat as she got startled.

"Oh... you should have been careful, Miss Zhang. You should hurry and wash your dress or it's gonna leave a stain." Mai Yue Rui said with an innocent face.

"I...I should get going." Zhang Eliza faked a smile and left as fast as she could.

'I just diffused a bomb before exploding. Phew!" Mai Yue Rui thought in her mind.

She wore a triumphant smile and looked at Kong Xian Wang.

But her smile faded away when she saw no expression on Kong Xian Wang's face. No smile, no sign of appreciation or encouragement. As of he didn't care of what she just did.

'What? Why is he not happy? Didn't he want me to act like a jealous woman?'

Mai Yue Rui was a bit confused. Because today Kong Xian Wang was not behaving like he how he behaves with her. He was a little distant.

Kong Xian Wang turned towards Han Yefang and said, "I will talk with Mr Zhang Mochen about the purchasing progress."

"Very well." Saying so Han Yefang left.

Seeing the two of them right now, no one could tell that they are fighting for the same woman. They are behaving so formal and casual with each other as if there's no problem between them.

After Han Yefang left Mai Yue Rui took a seat close to Kong Xian Wang and asked with anticipating eyes, "So... how was I?"

"How was what?" Kong Xian Wang asked her back.

Mai Yue Rui felt confused. She still held herself back and explain, "The way I drove away Zhang Eliza."

"Oh that?" Kong Xian Wang shortly replied as if he just realised what she did.

"What do you mean by 'Oh that?'" She asked mimicking the way Kong Xian Wang said.

Kong Xian Wang sighed a little and replied casually, "It was not necessary." His tone seem to bear a 'I don't care' vibe.

Mai Yue Rui had been trying to keep up with his behaviour today. But now he was being rude to her and she snapped.

"What do you mean? If you didn't asked me to come because of our acting then why did you call me?"

"You were late today." Kong Xian Wang abruptly replied.

Mai Yue Rui felt like she had been thrown into a maze. Today she is not able to read what this jerk of a husband of hers is thinking. And why the hell is he saying that she was late when she was right on time?

"When was I late? I entered the office at exactly 9 am."

"9 am is for me to come. Others have to come before me."

'Did he crack his head on something before leaving today? Or did Sophie beat him up because of yesterday?' Mai Yue Rui cannot but thought.

"Look I have seen that many times you have come at the same time as me. But you are my wife now. So I want that you would appreciate my value of time and come to the office in time. And that is before me, the CEO."

"So you called me all the way here while making a fuss in front of the department heads just to give me this lecture?" Mai Yue Rui asked in disbelief.

"Yes."