Chapter 258 - Stranger Wife

Mai Yue Rui rushed to her room and grabbed her phone hurriedly.

She searched for her husband's number to give him a message.

But when the blank space appeared before her to write she suddenly became blank.

"What will I write to him?" She asked herself.

After giving it a thought she wrote,

"What are you doing?"

She looked at the text but frowned. She didn't like it.

"What am I doing? Huh! seriously Mai Yue Rui? He didn't even call you once and you are gonna ask him what he is doing?"

She erased the text and wrote again,

"Will you return home tomorrow?'

"Nah! It looks like I am eagerly waiting for him. Why should I let him know that!"

she again erased the text.

she threw her phone aside and lied on the soft pillow in annoyance.

"What should I write to him?" Mai Yue Rui wondered as she kept staring at the ceiling.

Frustrated she got up and sat at the edge of the bed.

She looked at her reflection on the mirror and her gaze fell on her blue eyes.

She instantly remembered how Kong Xian Wang chased after her and complimented her eyes. He even wanted to be friends with her without even knowing how she looks like.

"How weird!" She murmured.

Suddenly an idea crossed her mind.

What if she approaches him as someone else.

In this way, she will get to know if he is interested in other women or not.

Mai Yue Rui dashed towards her stuff that had been delivered to her house this morning and looked for an old phone.

She hasn't been using that phone for a while. But it still works.

Without thinking anything she typed her husband's number and send him a message.

----------

When Kong Xian Wang saw the notification of an incoming message he didn't give it much attention.

He leisurely picked up the phone to see the content.

To his amusement the message only contained a single "Hi!'

"Weird message!" Kong Xian Wang frowned.

He didn't give the message that attention.

But after a few seconds another message came.

'It's me the girl in the shopping mall.'

Kong Xian Wang thought it was a spam or prank. So he immediately went to block the number but before he was about to do that another notification popped out.

'It's the girl with blue eyes. You gave me your number.'

Kong Xian Wang immediately stop.

"Mai Yue Rui?" He murmured.

He remembered that he approached her that day in the mall and gave her his number. He wanted to reach her as a friend like that.

Now that Mai Yue Rui indeed approached him like this he was surprised.

Besides he was still not sure whether it was actually her or not.

So he called Si Ying and made him look into the number.

After some time Si Ying informed him that the number indeed belongs to her.

After hearing from him a thin smile form in his handsome face.

But later he became worried.

After sending the message about his departure Kong Xian Wang didn't hear anything from her. So he was worried if Mai Yue Rui was in trouble or something.

He was about to reply back to her when he immediately stop.

"Wait a minute! She didn't text me as Mai Yue Rui. She sent me text as the girl I chased after and gave her my number." Kong Xian Wang frowned.

"I am pretty sure that she doesn't know that I know it's actually her. She thinks she is a stranger to me. So if I text her back now won't she be skeptical that I am chatting with a random girl?" Kong Xian Wang thought this thing thoroughly.

"What is she thinking?"

'Is this some kind of test?' He rubbed his lips as he wondered.

"No! I will not fall for it!" Saying so he flipped away the phone.

But only after a few moments his gaze fell on his phone.

'What if she indeed needs my help?'

He reached out for his phone and replied her back, 'I remember you.'

------

On the other side, after giving him three messages in a row, Mai Yue Rui was eagerly waiting to see what happens.

She didn't expect anything. But she wondered what she will do if he actually replies.

After an hour, when she didn't get any reply Mai Yue Rui thought he will not text her back.

Just when she was about to put her phone back the notification bell chimed in.

Her lips twitched when she read the message.

'I remember you.'

She didn't know how to describe how she felt.

She was excited to have a reply but weird at the same time.

Suddenly a devil's expression appeared on her sweet face.

"Very well, Mr. Kong."

"You don't remember to text your wife. But you do remember the girl you just met 2-3 times. You don't even know her face let alone her name." She remarked as she looked at her screen with a devil's smile.

But the next second she became dumbfounded.

"But this girl is actually me. So should I be angry?" She asked herself.

The next second again fury surfaced on her mind.

"But he doesn't know that it's me!"

"Let's see, Mr. Kong, how long you will go."

She went back with her phone and replied him back.

"You won't ask me why I texted?" She sent her message to which she got the reply.

"That's what I am wondering."

"I am Alice by the way." She replied.

"Nice name." He smirked as he replied.

Kong Xian Wang wondered why Mai Yue Rui was approaching him like this.

"I saw you got engaged recently." Mai Yue Rui texted. She wanted to know how he would react.

"So you looked into me? I am flattered." Kong Xian Wang couldn't stop smiling. He didn't know why she texted him. But he was enjoying how his wife is talking to him like a stranger.

Mai Yue Rui blushed reading the message.

"You are a well-known person. I would know even if I didn't look for it."

"So you approached me even after knowing that I am engaged?"

Mai Yue Rui became off guarded when she read the message.

She flinched and immediately threw her phone in fright.

'Why do I feel like a homewrecker?'