Chapter 264 - Shopping For Date

Kai's desperate gaze towards Su made her realized what he meant.

She immediately step back and
refused with her eyes wide opened, "You are asking the wrong girl, dude, I am not gonna do it." She shook her hand in
denial.

"Please, Su! You are my only hope, Think about her. Does it not make you angry that, that jerk is deceiving her?" Kai pleaded with puppy eyes.

"I don't think I am the right choice. You should ask someone else."

"If you think Secretary Si will
misunderstand you. Then you have my words. I will make things clear to him."

After a pause he added, "Oh wait, he hasn't even asked you out officially, yet. Then that's not gonna be any problem Kai
chuckled in joy.

"Hey, He will ask me out" Su glared at him.

While the two were bickering with each other Mal Yue Rui was lost in thoughts.

Suddenly she uttered, "May be I can talk to her first."

Hearing her words, Sue's face lit up.

"Yes, Mai Yue Rui. You should talk to her. She will listen to you." She said.

"I will try to convince her."

"But what if she doesn't believe her." Kai said.

"Why won't she believe her? She knows Mai Yuerui for so many years." Su retaliated.

"I don't know. I don't have a great feeling about it" Kai said in low voice.

After giving it a thought he added, "Okay. Mai Yuerui should talk with her first. But promise me. If it doesn't work, we will
stick to my plan. And Su will help me." He reached out his pinky finger for them to promise.

"Maybe then we will have no other choice" Mai Yue Rui replied.

Su looked at both her friends and in the end gave in.

"Okay, fine. If Little Cat fails to convince her then I will help."

The three of them locked their fingers to seal their promise.

----------

During lunch time Su couldn't find Mai Yue Rui. So she called her to ask where she was.

"Little Cat, where are you? Are you not in the office?"

"Actually, I had an emergency. So I took a half day off."

"Do you need any help?"

"No. I'll manage. See you later, bye."

After cutting the call Mai Yuerui looked at her friend sneering at her.

"Emergency, huh!" Ning Tan sniggered.

"Don't look at me like that!" Mai Yue Rui pouted at her friend.

"How am I looking at you?" Ning Tan whispered as she teased her friend.

I don't know!" Mai Yue Rui turned away and started to look for clothes.

Mai Yue Rui specially called her friend over to look for clothes for her date today.

As she was busy to look for clothes Ning Tan came close to her and ask sneakily, "How does it feel to be a homewrecker?" She exaggerated the word 'Homewrecker'

"Homewrecker!" Mai Yue Rui flinched and immediately covered Ning Tan's mouth with her palm.

"How can you say that word so loud."

"Besides, he is my husband. So how am I becoming the homewrecker? It should be
him to be called a cheater."

"It would be the first in history of time where a husband is cheating on his wife with his wife. Hahaha. How funny" They both started to laugh hearing her words.

Suddenly Mai Yue Rui's phone rang to break their laugh. It was a message from Sophie.

"Is it your cheater husband texting you?" Ning Tan teased.

"No. It's Sophie. I asked her to meet. So she texted me back to let me know when she is free."

"How do plan to tell her?"

"I don't know. We know each other for years but we always keep a boundary when we talk, Let's see what happens when we meet." Mai Yue Rui replied,

"God, save us from these cheaters." Ning Tan prayed.

"Amen" Mal Yue Rui replied.

After a pause Ning Tan added, "But not from cheaters like your husband."

Mai Yue Rui hide her mouth with a cloth as she blushed.

"Then tell me, how do you plan to impress your husband tonight?"

"l don't know. Should I dress like a rebellion. So that when I uncover my face he will not have time to react and I will condemn him to death."

'That will be my revenge for leaving me alone after stealing my kiss.' Mai Yue Rui thought to herself as she got lost in her
fantasy.

---

In a five star restaurant where the whole restaurant is booked only the two of them are there.

She is wearing a black and red
vintage dress. She looked at her husband hiding her face with a lacy black coloured hand fan.

While he is busy looking at the
menu her eagle eyes are scrutinizing every inch of his chiseled face.

When he was about to ask her what she likes, she removed her fan in a dramatic way exposing her pretty face.

"Agh.. Mai Yuerui, is that you?" Kong Xian Wang was shocked to see that it was her.

Mai Yue Rui gracefully put on her glasses and replied nonchalantly, "Yes. It's me!"

As Kong Xian Wang cried in anxiety while Mai Yue Rui wide opened her mouth to have a menacing laugh.

---

"Hahahaha.." She literally laughed out in reality making her friend startled.

"What happened? Why are you laughing suddenly?" She asked.

"No. Nothing" Mai Yue Rui hardly
controlled her laughter.

After about one and half hours later she finally picked up a dress for her date.

As she came out of the dressing room wearing the dress Ning Tan looked at her in awe.

"You look so pretty. Kong Xian Wang will not be able to get his eyes off of you tonight."

Mai Yue Rui's cheeks turned rosy red as she heard her friend.

"Thank you." She shyly replied.

"He might devour you whole tonight. Do you need some necessity? I can bring you
some " Ning Tan said with a wink.

When she realized what her friend meant, her blush turned into fright.

"No. No. No. No. No.. I dont want that. This dress will not do. I better go get changed."

When she was about to run to change her dress Ning Tan grabbed her immediately and forced her to come out.

"Hello, can anyone help me? We are getting this dress." Ning Tan yelled as she force her friend to buy that dress.