Chapter 234 - The Engagement (6)

After Mai Yue Rui and Kong Xian Wang made their grand entry it was time for their engagement ceremony.

They stood in front of everyone as the crowd fixed their eyes on them.

Both their parents came close to them and handed them the ring.

They took the rings and looked at each other.

While Mai Yue Rui had a face of the type of guest that attends the wedding only for free food, Kong Xian Wang was having the best time of his life. His happiness knew no bounds.

His lips couldn't stop smiling.

While he was biting his lips due to shyness his mother poked him from behind.

"I know you are happy. But control yourself, son." She whispered to him.

Kong Xian Wang immediately fixed his face. But he was really having a hard time. So he lowered his face to hide how happy he was.

Mai Yue Rui being close to Kong Xian Wang heard his mother's word. Hearing his mother's teasing made her laughed.

She pressed her lips and gave out a smile.

Kong Xian Wang raised his head and saw her smiling sweetly at him.

"You are finally smiling!"He couldn't help remark.

"Huh! Was I not smiling before?" Mai Yue Rui asked in confusion.

"You were. But that was fake. Now you are actually smiling." He slowly quoted his words making her heart skip a beat.

All her life, Mai Yue Rui always forced herself to be the person everyone expects her to be. So she always tried to put a gentle smile on her face even if she doesn't mean that. That's why she didn't expect anyone who will search for her real smile.

But Kong Xian Wang's sudden excerption made her taken aback. Deep inside she felt a touch of warmth.

She bit her lips subconsciously and then opened her mouth. 

"Mr Kong, you are thinking too much." Saying so she put the ring on his ring finger.

The crowd started to applause. 

After she put the ring she offered her hands to him.

Kong Xian Wang gently held her hand but before he put the ring on her finger he looked at her with deep gaze. His eyes had deep emotion in them.

"Mai Yue Rui, are you happy?" He asked.

"Happy about what?" She asked with curiosity.

"About us. Are you happy with our marriage?" He asked cautiously. 

"What? Will you break our marriage if I say I am not happy?" She asked with a mischievous smile.

She was merely joking with him but maybe Kong Xian Wang didn't take that as a joke.

His grab on her hand became firm and he replied in a serious tone, "No. You are stuck with me forever." Saying so he put the ring on her finger.

The crowd bursted in applause.

The crowd began to cheer the couple and the reporters went busy with their recordings.

As the crowd went busy Mai Yue Rui hesitantly retreated her hands and started clapping as she painted a smile on her face.

It's not like she felt anything odd to hear him say that. It's just that it was unexpected.

As her eyes were fixed on him, Kong Xian Wang was as well looking at her. He also joined her and started to clap with crowd.