268 - You Came Late Today!

Mai Yue Rui was panicking inside.

"Oh no! I have to get off from his car in some place nearby?" She started to nibble her nail over the mask out of anxiety.

"What are you doing?" Kong Xian Wang chuckled to see his wife all tensed up.

Hearing him she immediately dropped her hand and looked outside the window.

She then suddenly saw an alley and instantly started to tap on the dashboard to get his attention.

She hurriedly wrote for him, "My place is across that alley. You can drop me here."

When Kong Xian Wang pulled over near the alley Mai Yue Rui immediately jumped out of the car.

But unfortunately Kong Xian Wang followed her behind.

"You live across this road?" He asked.

Mai Yue Rui vigorously nodded her head in reply.

'Yeah! So let's say good bye here.' she thought.

"It's so dark in there. Let me walk you home." Saying so he prepared to step forward.

But Mai Yue Rui instantly raised her hand before him and stopped him from moving.

When he insisted to come she ralsed one finger and gestured him a 'No' sign.

"I just wanted..." He again tried to insist but this time Mai Yue Rui used her fingers to write and showed him on his face in
bold capital letters, "I CAN MANAGE."

'Please go away!' She plended in her mind.

"Okay. I will not follow you then." In the end he gave in.

He turned over to walk into his car.

When he finally agreed to not follow her, Mai Yue Rui sighed in relief and turned to the alley pretending to go that direction.

But suddenly her husband called her from behind.

"Alice!"

When she turned to him she found him standing at the door of his car and spoke with a smile, "Don't forget to let me know
when you reach home."

Mai Yue Rui looked at him ín confusion.

Later he added, "Or I will be worried about you." He ended his words with a charming smile that is able to blind any woman.

She stared at him for some moment and then hasitantly nodded in reply before running into the dark alley.

Kong Xian Wang stared at the đirection where her silhouette disappeared before getting into the car.

'Let's see, who reached home first.' He thought to himself as his lips curved a little.

----

"Thank God, he isn't folowing me now." Mai Yue Rui sighed in rellef.

"Stupid Kong Xlanwang, he was clearly fliting with me. How could he cover his flirting in the name of his fiance."

"Shameless!" She pouted as she stomped on the steps she was taking.

"I will expose you to the world!" She shouted in anxiety.

"But..."

Tcchzz....

She stopped abruptly.

"His fiance is me! And the one he was flirting with is also me! Then why am I getting angry?"

"Is the homewracker thing has glued on my brain?" She shook her head vigorously.

'I thought that I will expose him today and make him regret his decisions. But nothing happened." She sulked in sorrow.

"Instead he tried to enchant me with his charm!"

"No no no.. I can't let this happen!"

"Any way he doesn't know that he is flirting with his wife. I will soon make you realize you should not mess with your wife!" She clenched her fist in determination.

"But before that..."

"..."

"I have to reach home before him!" She cried as she ran in the speed of light towards her home.

Mai Yue Rui had to change her clothes before going home. She had to use a local washroom to change her clothes.

She hurriedly changed and called for a taxi.

She almost made the driver deaf by constantly telling him to drive fast.

But in the end she lost.

When she was albout to enter the
driveway she saw Kong Xian Wang's car was already parked.

'I lost!' Mai Yue Rui sobbed inwardly.

She gave the fare to the driver like a lifeless soul and got out of the taxi.

"It was not possible to catch him from the very beginning." She sighed.

She moved her feet towards her home when she suddenly realized, "It's already past 10 at night. What will I tell him where was I?"

Thunder stroke before her head as her eyes turned blank.

But it didn't take long for her to think of an excuse.

----

Kong Xian Wang was enjoying a warm cup of coffee when his mischievous wife returned home.

He took a sip from the cup as his lips curved into a smile when he saw her coming home sneakily.

Mai Yue Rui slowly entered and turned to closed the door as silently as possible.

"Welcome home!" He literally shouted from behind making Mai Yue Rui jump on her spot.

She hesitantly turned to him and faked a smile. "Yes!"

"You came late today. What took you so long? Did you hang out with your friends?"

Mai Yue Rui nodded with a fake smile and said, "Ye...ah! I was with my friends. Then before coming home I realized we are
running out of vegetables. So I went to buy some."

She pulled out her hands high
to let him see the bag full of vegetables.

'What is this? Why do I feel like a cheater now?' Mai Yuerui thought inside her smiling face.

'First homewracker and now cheater! Why
am I feeling all the guilt?' While Yue Rui had this peculiar expression on her face Kong
Xian Wang was having so much fun teasing her.

He could hardly control his laughter as he went near his wife.

"It must be heavy. Let me help you."

He reached forward her to get the bag.

Mai Yue Rui was already feeling exhausted. She had to run to her home and then go buy vegetables for all this mess.

She was so tired that she let go of
everything she had on her hand before Kong Xian Wang could take it.

As a result everything fall on the ground before he could catch.

Unfortunately, the zip of Mai Yuerui's bag was already opened.
So when her bag fall, her things came out of her bag along with the secret gift Ning Tan gave her that day.

"I am sorry I didn't realize.' She said appologeticaly.

"It's okay. I will pick them up." He replied.

As he looked down to get the items both of their eyes fell on the special gift.

"..."

"..."

'What the hell!'