Chapter 255 - A Lonely Night

After her conversation with Han Yefang, Mai Yue Rui went back to her home AKA Kong Xian Wang and her home.

Before returning home she went to the local market to get some vegetables and meat for dinner.

She thought she to cook something for dinner.

She planned why not treat him well before charging him upfront.

After putting the ingredients in the kitchen she went to her room to get freshen up.

Just before she was about to go cook dinner she picked up her phone and saw a message from her husband.

It said,

'You may have already returned to your apartment. I wanted to let you know that I am going for a business trip for 2-3 days. I may be out of reach. In the meantime take care of yourself. Bye!'

Gloomy black cloud surfaced around her forehead when she finished reading the text.

"He thought I had already returned to my apartment. And here I am...planning to cook dinner for you."

She threw the phone on the bed and yelled, "Fine! You don't deserve it!"

In the end, she cooked instant noodles for herself and passed the whole night watching sad ending melo drama movies.

--------

The whole day Han Yefang's phone has been ringing non-stop. It's from the same person, Zhang Mo Chen - Eliza's father.

When he didn't answer the call the whole day, Zhang Mo Chen decided to meet this person himself.

Han Yefang couldn't even shower properly because of the non-stop ringing of door bell and banging on the door.

He got out of the shower in the bathrobe while his hair was still wet.

He opened the door with an annoyed expression but was not surprised to see the man.

"Mr Zhang, what brings you here?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

"I am sure you know the reason." Zhang Mo Chen replied while keeping his head upright.

"I appreciate that you don't beat around the bush. Give me a moment." He let him sit in the living room while he went inside to get changed into a pair of comfortable trousers and knitted sweater.

He offered him some coffee but Zhang Mo Chen didn't seem to be in the mood so he leave the courtesy and leaned on his chair to enjoy the coffee.

"Look, Mr Han. I don't know what you young people think about relationships. But this is not how you handle it. If you are into each other than you should properly take steps to get your relationship a name. Not do things around like this!"

Zhang Mo Chen didn't even finish his words when Han Yefang interrupted, "Is this what your daughter told you? That we are in a relationship?"

Zhang Mo Chen was completely off guarded by this question.

Zhang Eliza didn't say a word the whole time after the incident. She locked herself up in her room the whole day. So her father thought they were a couple or else why would they were caught in such a scene.

"What do you mean by that? You two aren't in a relationship?" He asked in confusion.

"Hell no!" Han Yefang gave out a laugh in a mocking way.

He put his cup on the table and continued calmly, "Your daughter tried to molest me."

"What the hell are you talking about? Are you out of your mind?" Zhang Mo Chen stood up from agitation.

"I have proof if you don't belive me. She put cameras in the room and I have a record of it. Do you wanna see it?" His eyes gave out a cynical look.

"I don't belive you. Why would she molest you? Eliza always like Kong..." Zhang Mo Chen words stopped in the middle.

"So you know about your daughter's obsession! And here you are trying to make me a scapegoat. How daring!" A smirk formed on the corner of his lips.

Zhang Mo Chen knew that his daughter liked Kong Xian Wang. Even though he never liked that brat but he only agreed to support his daughter because of the assets that Kong family created. So he was disappointed when Kong Xian Wang rejected his daughter and got engaged with the daughter of Mai Minghui.