Chapter 261 - Finally He Came

After taking the shower that she was yearning for when Mai Yue Rui came to get her clothes, she realised she didn't bring any with her in a hurry.

"Damn it!"

She looked for any towel or bath robe and fortunately found a fresh towel.

After covering herself with the towel, she was about to plug the hair dryer to dry her hair when she suddenly heard a sound coming from the outside.

'Oh my god!" Mai Yue Rui became scared.

There was no one in the house except her. Then why is there any sound of moving things outside?

She was afraid that someone has broke into the house.

She didn't know what to do. She didn't had her phone with her nor did she bring any clothes to run away.

Mai Yue Rui started to bit her nails out of anxiety.

She leaned on the door and tried to hear any noise.

When she thought that there isn't any sound, she tried to be brave and slightly open the door to see outside.

She made her way to peep into the bedroom to see if there is actually anyone there.

As she was checking every corner of the room while still hiding behind the door suddenly a man came out of the walk in closet.

To her surprise it was her husband!!!

Mai Yue Rui was so shocked that she almost loss her grip on the door and fall to the ground.

She tried her best to balance and not make any sound.

'Oh! God. Why is he here? Didn't he said that he will come after 2/3 days? But it's only the second day! Why did he return so fast?' Says the girl who has been missing this person like hell.

'How will I go out like this?'

'Stupid, Kong Xian Wang! He didn't have any other time to come? What will happen to you if you had just come after a few more minutes!' She cried.

She again try to see if he was still outside.

'Mai Yue Rui, let's just stay as quiet as possible and run with your life when you get the chance.' She thought to herself.

Fortunately Kong Xian Wang was looking at the opposite side of the bathroom.

Mai Yue Rui thought that it might be a chance for her to escape.

She slowly opened the door and tiptoed outside.

While Kong Xian Wang was unbuttoning his shirt Mai Yue Rui tried her best to escape without making any noise.

But it seems like her bad luck was still stuck to her like glue.

She was just one step away to leave when Kong Xian Wang suddenly turned around to go to the bathroom.

"...."

"..."

They stared at each other as if they both have frozen in their spot.

Kong Xian Wang looked at his wife who was in towel with a wet hair. Her cheeks was blushing red.

On the other hand, Mai Yue Rui is looking at her husband. His shirt was opened exposing his chiseled body. Damn! His abs! He would easily make those male models hide in embarrassment.

Both the husband and wife were at lost of words in this awkward situation.

Mai Yue Rui clutched her towel as she blink at him.

When Kong Xian Wang came back to his senses he immediately turned around.

"Urmm..." He was about to say something.

"Don't say anything!" She raved.

Subconsciously when Kong Xian Wang's face slightly moved she screamed, "And don't look!"

This made Kong Xian Wang stand straight and look somewhere else like a statue.

When she found his carry out her words Mai Yue Rui took this chance to run away as fast as she could.

After he heard her leaving Kong Xian Wang hesitantly turned and found her gone.

"Ah!" He sighed in relief.

"Mai Yue Rui you won't let me calm down!" He murmured slowly as he went to get a cold shower.

--------

When Kong Xian Wang came out of his room in comfortable clothes he found that Mai Yue Rui's was closed.

She was so embarrassed about the situation that she didn't dare to come out.

Kong Xian Wang smiled at her naivety and went downstairs to cook dinner.

When he searched in the refrigerator he found a lot of fresh vegetables and meat are stacked in there.

"Mai Yue Rui, did you buy these groceries?" He shouted to ask her. But not a single words could be heard back.

"You weren't shy that night. Why are you being shy now?" He smirked as he looked at the vegetables.

-----

It took about an hour for him to cook.

However there is still not a sign of Mai Yue Rui coming out.

After calling her numerous time and she didn't reply Kong Xian Wang went upstairs and knocked on her door.

"Mai Yue Rui, dinner's ready. Come out now."

"I am not hungry. I will go to sleep now." Her rumbling voice could be heard after some moment.

"Mai Yue Rui, I worked so hard to make dinner after having such a long journey. Are you gonna treat it like this?" He knows that she is just being shy. That's why he asked in a solemn voice.

When he didn't get any reply he was about to knock again but Mai Yue Rui had open the door before that.

When she opened the door and looked at him in puppy eyes, Kong Xian Wang blushed.

He quickly looked away and said in straight voice, "I have cooked braised chicken with stir fry vegetables. Come and have some."

Mai Yue Rui pursed her lips and replied slowly, "Coming!"

Hearing her reply Kong Xian Wang then went downstairs.

As she came to the dining table, Kong Xian Wang went to the kitchen to get utensils.

After the food was served none of the two had any talk.

They only ate their food silently.

Mai Yue Rui thought of many plans on how she will get back on him.

But... Alas!

Now she can't even look at him properly.

She regretted it very bad.

When she was about to take some more chicken her hand accidentally touched his.

As soon as they realised both retreated their hands immediately.

Pink hue flushed on both of their cheek.