Chapter 215 - Imagination and Real Life is not The Same

Kong Xian Wang didn't stay at Mai Yue Rui's house that long. After taking a small nap he got out from bed, took out a blanket and covered Mai Yue Rui properly.

Then he went to her kitchen and made chicken porridge for his wife.

He poured the chicken porridge in a thermoflask and placed it at the centre of her kitchen counter so the Mai Yue Rui gets to see this when she wakes up. He didn't forget to leave a note for her.

Before leaving he again sneaked a peek at his wife and kissed her forehead lightly.

--------------

The next day, Mai Yue Rui woke up with the sound of her alarm
She was so tired that she slept the whole night and didn't even woke up for dinner.

After turning off the alarm she stretched her arms and gave out a loud yawn...

She scratched her head while looking around and realized that she is in her apartment.

"When did I come home? I remember taking a nap in Xian Wang's car." She said as she rubbed her eyes.

"Oh!" Mai Yue Rui covered her mouth with both her hands when she realized that Kong Xian Wang might have carried her to her apartment.

"Mai Yue Rui, you idiot! Why did you slept in his car? Did he carry me all the way here? Ah..." She disheveled her hair out of frustration.

Then her eyes fell on the thermoflask. Her apartment is a one room apartment so she can see her kitchen from her bed.

She got off from bed and went to the kitchen.

After opening the lid the aroma of chicken porridge tingled her nose.

"Smells good. I guess he won't have any problem if I don't cook for him." She said to herself.

As she was pouring some porridge for herself her eyes fell on the note left by her husband.

She picked up the note and read the content out loud.

"Do not devour the whole in just one meal. Eat some green vegetables too. You should go on a strict diet. You are quite heavy, you know."

Mai Yue Rui crumbled the paper in a second and made a pouted face.

"If I am heavy, then who told you to carry me? You should have just wake me up, jerk." She started yelling at her husband in her imagination.

Ting...

The notification sound of her phone moved her attention.

It was a message from Lin Zongguan.

It said that she needs to be with him today when Kong Xian Wang arrives as she needs to submit her yesterday's report to Xian Wang herself. So she should come early today.

After reading the message her face turned into a hopeless child as she dumped herself on the floor.

"God knows, what that jerk has in store for me today."

She let out a sigh.

"No matter what happens, I will not let him bully me." Mai Yue Rui turned her palm into a fist as she motivated herself.

-------------

Since she needs to report to the CEO, Mai Yue Rui decided to wear a black colored jumpsuit with a black coat on top.

After arriving early the first thing she did was to go and meet Lin Zongguan.

"Mr Lin, do I have to carry all these to the main building?" Mai Yue Rui asked sheepishly.