Chapter 259 - Cheng Yi, The Cheater

After the last message Mai Yue Rui didn't dare to text him back.

She turned off the phone and went straight to sleep even though she wasn't sleepy at all.

On the other side, Kong Xian Wang was waiting for her to reply. After some time when he didn't get any reply he concluded she won't talk anymore.

So he kept his phone aside.

But one thing was still lingering in his mind.

'What in the world is his wife thinking?'

Whatever it is he somewhat like it.

----------

The next day, when Mai Yue Rui opened her eyes she found that she was running late for office.

She jumped out of her bed and hurriedly dress up.

After packing her bag when she reached out for her phone her eyes fell on her other phone.

"Bad Kingkong!" She murmured in pouted lips.

In the end, she covered that phone with a pillow and dashed towards office.

-----------

After office that day, Kai directly went to the hospital to meet with Sophie.

After waiting for her for a few minutes he saw her coming.

He walked to her excitedly and said, "I thought you wouldn't come. If you didn't then I would..."

"What would you do?" Sophie  asked without any expression making Kai flustered.

"I would...I would complain to your boss about you!" Kai replied in stumbled voice.

"You would call my boss? Mr. Mai Minghui?"

Both of them knew how busy Mai Minghui is. It's impossible for Kai to even get his appointment.

And here he was, blabbering nonsense.

"I can't call your boss but I can call his daughter!" A sneer formed in his face. He thought himself like a genius at that moment.

Sophie's lips curved slightly as she looked away to hide her smile.

"Are you gonna waste my time now? I have work to do." She replied in dominating tone and walked passed him

Hearing her Kai quickly nodded and followed her behind.

--------

Cheng Yi also worked at the same hospital.

So, Sophie wanted to meet him as well.

While she was getting her dressing changed in the emergency ward Kai stood by her side the whole time.

"You have a really good boyfriend, miss." The nurse complimented.

Her sudden compliment made the two of them become awkward.

"I'm not her boyfriend." Kai awkwardly clarified as he waved his hands vigorously.

"Yeah! He is not even my friend. I don't know why he is being clingy to me." Sophie scoffed at him.

Hearing her words Kai pouted at her in puppy eyes to which she looked elsewhere and pretended to be oblivious.

"Yes. I am not her friend. I better leave then." Kai enunciated in loud voice as if he is taunting her. He drew the curtain of their cube and went outside.

When he left their cube the nurse leaned towards Sophie and whispered while giggling, "Miss, he may not be your boyfriend, but he is indeed interested in you."

Sophie tried to retaliate but the nurse held her palm and said, "His eyes becomes more tender when he looks at you. Guys are not like this in front of everyone. Miss, you should not let him go." The nurse finished her words with a smile making Sophie loss of words.

She can't do anything even if he likes her. She already has someone she likes.

'Maybe I should try to stay away from him.' She thought to herself.

------------

While Kai was waiting outside he put his hands on his pocket and goofed around.

When the nurse came out and pulled the curtain to close it he nodded to her and asked if the dressing was done.

The nurse smiled at him and replied, "Yes. It's done."

When Kai was about to go inside the nurse suddenly stopped him and added, "Good luck!" And she left.

Kai awkwardly looked at the nurse as he saw her leaving.

He stared at the way she left and his eyes fell on Cheng Yi who was talking to the nurse at the reception.

He thought Cheng Yi might know that Sophie is here. So he thought to call him.

"Cheng..." He yelled to call him but stopped in the middle.

He saw a female doctor suddenly approached Cheng Yi and hugged him from behind.

Cheng Yi turned around and patted her affectionately.

Kai was stunned to see them like this.

When the nurse from before walked passed him he stopped her and asked, "Nurse, can you tell me who is that doctor with Dr. Cheng Yi?"

"Do you know Dr. Cheng Yi?"

"Yes. He is my friend." He lied.

"The nurse believed him and replied, "That's Dr. Qu Qinqin. She is the daughter of the owner of this hospital. She joined the hospital just after Dr. Cheng Yi."

"Oh!"

"I think your friend didn't tell you about his girlfriend?" The nurse asked.

"Yes...Huh! Girlfriend? No, he didn't tell me at all." Kai was shocked when he heard her.

"They are in the honeymoon phase after all. Don't they looked adorable? Dr. Cheng takes really good care of Dr. Zhou."

'While taking care of the new one you completely forgotten about the girlfriend who you haven't even broken up with. Cheng Yi, you scumbag!'

He ought to go and smack him on the face.

But he had to act rationally. He can't create a scene here.

He nodded to the nurse when she left then looked at the cheater who was still busy with his new girlfriend.

Kai was still staring at them when suddenly Sophie pushed the white curtain aside to get off from the cube.

He was startled to see her.

He didn't want her to see them together like this.

So, as soon as he saw her coming out he quickly held her by her waist and twirled her inside. He closed the curtain in the process as well.

Sophie was completely off guarded and startled as she was locked in between kai's embrace and the curtain.

In other time she would have an instant reflex and smack the other person on the ground.

But this time she doesn't know why she couldn't do that.

Kai was taller than her.

When she raised her head to look at him their eyes meet with each other.

Sophie's grip on her pant tightened as she gasped.

She decided to form a distance from this guy.

But how in the world did she ended up in his embrace?