Chapter 237 - The Engagement (9)

Sophie was bemused.

The guy in front her asked her to be his acquaintance. And she ran away from him without saying anything. But he still behaved like a gentleman and helped her with her problem.

She wanted to thank him but she couldn't find him.

Now when he is in front of her she is feeling embarrassed.

"Thank you for your help before." She finally thanked him.

"You're welcome." Kai replied with a cheerful smile.

After thanking him Sophie again became quiet.

Her silence made their surrounding more awkward. 

While every pair was whispering with each other as they dance, this pair was just dancing with the music like a robot.

"So...is he your boyfriend?" 

Sophie looked at him and saw that he was gesturing at Cheng Yi who was dancing with another lady with a brimming smile on his face.

She turned back her gaze at Kai and said in a clear voice, "Yes..."

"O..." Kai again went silent.

After a moment he again asked, "Does he not like you to dance with other guy?"

"Why are you saying that?" Her brows creased.

"Because you are being so concerned about touching me when you didn't bother about it before while beating me up." Kai bursted out his mind.

Sophie pressed her lips out of embarrassment.

She was actually being sorry for her ruse behaviour towards him. But he misinterpreted it. It was so modest of him that even if he misunderstood her behaviour, he still respected her and carried on with her.

"That's not the case!" She immediately thumbed her hands on his shoulder.

It was so sudden that he bend a little because of her force.

"That was sudden." He replied awkwardly.

"I am sorry." Sophie instantly apologized.

"No, it;s not your fault. I'm the weak guy." He laughed out to make her comfortable.

Since she finally made contact with him, Kai also reached for her waist and said with a sweet smile, "In the end, you became my aquaintance."

Sophie raised her head to look at him in gasped.

"For...for the dance, I mean." Kai immediately corrected his words.

By the look of hers, he thought he is gonna get beaten up in front of everyone now.

-------

As soon as Han Yefang left Kong XIngtian alone on the dance floor, the look on his face changed.

Though he gave rational advice to her with a comforting look only he knows how messed up his mind is now.

"Only a night is enough to make a woman change her mind!" These words of Zhang Eliza kept ringing in his head.

He brushed through his hair with his fingers out of frustration.

He went straight to the bar and gulped a couple glasses of whiskey.

Just because Mai Yue Rui told him that she doesn't love him anymore and she has moved over from him, it doesn't prove that she has feelings for Kong Xian Wang.

"No, she doesn't love him at all." He murmured with rage.

He has seen the two of them together numerous times but never saw her looking at Kong Xian Wang with caring eyes. And that's what made him question their marriage.