Chapter 260 - A Tiring Day

Sophie was startled by Kai sudden action.

After talking with the nurse she gave it some thought. And it did make sense. Or why would he care about her so much?

Too bad she can't like him back.

She didn't want to be in any awkward situation with him. 

Since he hasn't confessed anything to her, she decided to stay away from him.

Maybe she is thinking wrong from the beginning and he doesn't have any affection for her.

But to make it safe, she should make a distance between them.

However things have turned up!

In the end, she ended up in his embrace.

When Sophie raised her head and met his eyes she became nervous.

Kai was looking at her in intense gaze. But why is there a later of concern in his eyes?

She doesn't know why her heart started to beat fast.

She clenched her fist to control her emotions.

When she finally managed to control herself, her gaze quickly changed as she warned him, "Do you think I can't smack you to the ground?"

Hearing her warning Kai broke his gaze and immediately freed her from his embrace.

After getting freed from him Sophie took a step away and looked at her bandage to see if it was okay.

She was about to rebuke him but she saw that his attention was not on her but outside.

He was peeping through the curtain to look outside.

"Hey! What are you looking at? Are you stalking someone?"

Kai instantly moved his gaze and replied hurriedly, "Of course not."

"Let me see what you are hiding from me!" Sophie wanted to see what was outside but Kai didn't let her.

He held her wrist tight to stop her.

In a moment of hurry he blurted, "You can't see outside, Sophie."

"Why can't I see outside?" Sophie was confused.

"Umm...umm.." Kai couldn't think of anything.

Sophie gasped and tried to force him to go outside.

In that haste Kai replied abruptly, "My mom is outside!"

Sophie stopped.

She asked in confusion, "So?"

"My mom always nagged me to get married. But I always say no to her. She thought I might have a girlfriend so she even secretly spied on me. So now if she sees me with you she may think it wrongly. So... Can you please stay here for a minute? We will go right after she leaves."

Kai used his remaining brain cells just to knit this lie.

'Oh! So that's the case. And I thought...' Sophie sat on the bed like an obedient child after hearing him.

After Kai made sure that piece of sh*t wasn't there he quickly let Sophie out of the cube and left the hospital.

He would have just showed Sophie about Cheng Yi's two-timing thing now. But will it work?

Chen Yi seems like a shrewd man. It looks like he tried to get that doctor just to use her  for her status.

Even if Sophie sees him with his new girlfriend he might make some story and make her fall for it.

Kai can't let that happen.

Of course, he will not let him be like this. He will obviously make sure he gets his share of karma back.

---------

Another day without Kong Xian Wang.

It was a tiring day.

Kai Yue Rui had to run from one department to another all day.

Not to mention the creepy female employee who have been chasing her around.

All they wanted was to be on her good side. But they should at least give her some privacy while using the washroom.

Not only that some of them even made a grave mistake by asking about her husband.

When they ask her about when the CEO will return she would inwardly reply. 'Wow! What a coincidence! I have been wondering the same as well?'

Sigh!

Again... It was a tiring day.

But the day is not over yet...

After crossing all that traffic jam when she finally returned home and wanted to get a shower so she can relax, but what did she get?

The faucet in her bathroom is not working!

'Holy sh*t!' Mai Yue Rui pressed her lips and clenched her fist just so she can stop her boiling head from exploding.

-------

She came out of her room and went to check if there is any problem with the water supply.

To her surprise only her bathroom had no water supply.

"Stinky KingKong! He even gave me the worst room!" She cursed him with a pouted face.

"Haish, I really need a shower. It's late now. I can't even go to any public bathhouse. What should I do!"

Mai Yue Rui became upset when she suddenly realised there is another bathroom that she didn't check yet.

She got an uneasy feeling just by thinking about it. She hasn't been in Kong Xianwang's room yet.

So it kind of feels weird to go there.

She tapped her lips while she gave it a thought for two seconds and the next second she rushed to her husband's room.

-------

Kong Xianwang's room looks very neat and clean like a new room as if nobody have been there yet.

Everything is placed on where it should be.

Mai Yue Rui was impressed to see how neat and prime her husband is.

After goofing around in his room for a while Mai Yue Rui went to his bathroom for which she came in the first place.

When she saw water coming out of the faucet, only she and her God knows how happy she was.

While the tub was filling she went to take off her clothes and dumped them on the laundry basket.

She wanted to take a bubble bath tonight.

She was impressed to see that there are quite a number of essential oils and other bath products that she didn't even use.

He really takes good care of himself!" She was impressed.

"You have everything in your bathroom, Mr Kong. If there would be just one more thing than I would have to make a luxurious bath tonight."

After a pause she added, "A glass of wine." She said with a kiss on her finger.

As she thought about wine and bubble bath an explicit thought cross her mind.

Kong Xianwang having a bubble bath in the tub. He is leaning on the side of the tub and taking sips from a glass of wine.

His bare chest is exposed, only a thin layer of bubble covering his broad chest.

As he is taking the luscious sips he looks damn hot and sensual.

FWOOSH!

Mai Yue Rui immediately slapped her face when she realised what she was thinking.

"Get yourself together, Mai Yue Rui. Just complete the work for what you came for and get out of here."