Chapter 262 - Ungrateful Husband

When they both touched each other they instantly retreated their hands and blushed.

'Ahh... How awkward!" Mai Yue Rui screamed in her mind.

She didn't even dare to take the leg piece she had been eyeing on.

As Kong Xian Wang saw her looking at the leg piece he smiled.

He took his chopsticks to pick up the chicken piece and placed it on her plate.

"Thank you!" Mai Yue Rui slowly replied in low piece as she nodded.

It's okay! You don't have to be courteous. All these I have cooked for you." Kong Xian Wang subconsciously replied making Mai Yue Rui looked at him with blushing cheek.

Lub...Dub...Lub...Dub...

People say the easiest way to get to a man's heart is through cooking. Then why is he falling for him?

As she looked at him, the lights that flashed through his chiseled face made her jaw drop.

When she realized that she had been drooling over her husband and not the food she immediately shook her head to come to her senses.

'This is getting awkward. Mai Yue Rui, at first make the confusion about the bathroom clear.' She thought inwardly and prepared to speak.

"About that..."

"Hmm?" Mai Yue Rui was about to speak her excuse but when he looked at her she literally forgot what she was about to say.

"Huh!...Umm..." She took a second to remember her words.

"Yes...I remember. What I wanted to say is that my washroom is not working, There is no water supply."

"What? Why didn't you say that to me?" He asked with concern.

"It was okay in the morning. But when I came home after work it stopped working."

"I am sorry for that inconvenience. I will have it fixed first thing in the morning."

"Okay! Thanks." Mai Yue Rui replied with pursed lips as she put rice in her mouth.

--------

After dinner, Mai Yue Rui bid him good night and rushed to her room in a hurry.

Poor Kong Xian Wang had to wash the dishes alone.

"Oh God! How clumsy can you be, Mai Yue Rui!" Mai Yue Rui said to herself as she laid on her bed and hid her face on the pillow.

"Mai Yue Rui, what is wrong with you? How can you get blinded by him?" She couldn't figure out what is wrong with her.

"I know! I haven't been watching dramas recently. Yes! That's the reason."

"Because of the lack handsome main leads, my eyes took the liberty to admire this man, who I thought I would be least interested."

After thinking for a few seconds, she came into this gibberish conclusion.

To get herself together she rushed to get her laptop and started the most trending drama that is airing.

The drama was fun. She enjoyed it.

And the most important thing is the main lead is damn hot!

But why is she still thinking about Kong Xian Wang?

Her mind is still restless thinking about how Kong Xian Wang might been thinking about her.

"He will think how easy I am. First I tried to molest him. He literally flew from home after that. And today when he finally returned, he saw me wrapped in his towel in his room!" She put away the laptop and started to dishevel her hair in frustration.

"Will he run away again?" She became flustered after thinking that.

"No! If he runs away again how am I gonna explain to our parents? He literally went to a business trip the next day of our engagement. And as soon as he returned, he again eloped!"

Suddenly Mai Yue Rui started to laugh in frustration.

"What a wife you are, Mai Yue Rui. The only piece!"

"But, no! I have to figure out what he is thinking."

Mai Yue Rui started to wreck her brain to think of any plan.

Then when her eyes fell on her old phone, the light on her head finally light up.

"Let's ask him directly!" A devil's smile appeared on her pretty face.

"But will he tell Alice? He just talked to her once. No man will share his personal life with a stranger unless he is insane.

She pinched her brows to think what she will ask him.

After thinking for a while she finally took the phone and typed her message.

-----

After washing the dishes, Kong Xian Wang went to his bed with his laptop.

He still needed to look into some files before going to sleep.

While he was busy in his work, he heard the notification sound of his phone.

He looked at his phone and found the name Alice surface on the screen.

His lips curved into a smile. 

"She's still not done with this" He murmured.

He picked up the phone to see the content and read the message.

'Sorry to ghost you for the whole day. I have been busy.'

'I thought you regretted for contacting me.' He replied.

"Whoa! Very well, Kong Xian Wang. You didn't waste a second to reply to her!" Mai Yue Rui couldn't believe she just said that now.

She blow out some air and again started to write.

'So how's your life recently?' She wrote.

'Not bad.' He replied.

"Not bad! What kind of reply is that?" She twitched her lips as she read his words.

"Kong Xian Wang, you will not make it easy for me, right? Alright. I will ask in another way."

She stretched her arms and again started to get busy to write.

Ting!

Another message from Alice.

'So how have you been doing with your partner? She is quite a beauty I must say.'

Kong Xian Wang couldn't stop his laughter. He rubbed his lips to control himself.

"And she thinks I am the narcissist!" He remarked.

"Let's see what can I reply!" He murmured as his finger began to get busy in writing.

Ting!

Reply!

Mai Yue Rui took her phone in a hurry and began to read.

'You seem more interested in my fiance than me. I am disappointed.'

"Kong Xian Wang, you ungrateful husband!" She literally took a pillow and threw it in the direction of Kong Xian Wang's room.

"I'm gonna save these messages and show it to your parents. Then we will see how you will get the courage to flirt with other girl!"

She became determined.

As she was busy to vent her anger another message chimed it.

She took the phone to read the content. 

But...

As soon as she read the message she immediately threw it away in fright.

It says...

'Let's meet!.