Chapter 222 - When Hubby Comes to Rescue

"How dare you slander my wife!" A threatening voice attracted the attention of the crowd.

When they looked for the source of the voice and found Kong Xian Wang standing behind them.

His cold attitude made everyone feel chills. Everybody moved away to give him space when he approached his wife.

He walked past the crowd and stood beside his wife.

His eyes were fixed at Mai Yue Rui. He patted her one shoulder and said gently, "Sweetie, how many times have I told you but you always forget your ring in the bathroom."

Saying so he took out a diamond ring from his and put that on her ring finger.

Everyone were shocked to see what was happening.

He rubbed her shoulder to calm her down. He knows that she is panicking inside.

After he had finished talking with his wife he turned his gaze towards the reporters. His facial expression took a 180° turn.

"What were you saying?" He said coldly.

Then one brave reporter raised his voice.

"What is your relationship with Ms Mai. And what is he doing here with CEO Han?"

Kong Xian Wang calmly looked at the reporter and said, "Aren't you the reporter who always say shitty and false rumours about me? I see that you are doing fine after you were fired from your previous company."

Cold sweat fell from that reporter's head.

"Oh! My bad. I got swayed after seeing his face. So where am I? Yes...I wanted to formally introduce her to you people, but you never miss to be a pain in the a**."

When Mai Yue Rui heard him saying rudely towards the reporter she immediately held his arms to control himself.

Kong Xian Wang was very angry at this moment that he couldn't help himself from saying slang words.

He gave a smile back at his wife then continued.

"So, people...this is Ms Mai Yue Rui second daughter of Mai Minghui, owner of Jiankang pharmaceuticals. And also my wife."

An uproar started among the crowd.

"She is the mysterious second daughter of Mai Minghui?"

"She was working with CEO Kong Xian Wang?"

Seeing their excitement Kong Xian Wang added, "We recently registered our marriage. But a wedding is also necessary, right? So we were planning to arrange our engagement first and then the wedding. We both came to invite CEO Han personally for this occasion. My wife just got here before me because I had a phone call to attend. And you people..." Kong Xian Wang's gaze again turned into a cold glare that could slice them into pieces.

"You decided to make up rumours just like always."

The reporters were like being slapped in the face.

Kong Xian Wang again comforted his wife and looked at Han Yefang who was also shocked to hear the news about their marriage.

He clenched his hand into a fist the moment he saw him.

But he controlled his anger and said calmly, "I am sorry for this inconvenience, Mr Han." He nodded to him and then he looked back at the crowd and said proudly.

"Next weekend is me and Mai Yue Rui's engagement ceremony. You are all invited." Then he drew his wife away from the scene.

-------------