Chapter 238 - The Engagement (10)

Kong Xian Wang didn't think twice and said bluntly. "That's a very personal question, Mr Han. Maybe you shouldn't ask that." His reply was formal but his expression made his answer look affirmative to Han Yefang's question.

'You son of a b*tch. You indeed took advantage of my poor Mai Yue Rui.' Han Yefang's blood boiled.

After finishing his words Kong Xian prepared to leave.

"I may take my leave to see the other guest."

But Han Yefang stopped him in his motion.

"Wait, Mr Kong!"

When Kong Xian Wang looked back at him Han Yefang said, "I didn't get a chance to make a toast to your engagement." Saying so he looked around but there was no one on the lounge so he picked up his phone and called his secretary.

"Bring two glasses of wine to the lounge."

After a minute his secretary came to the lounge with two glasses of drinks in a tray. 

"Boss?" He said formally.

But the moment he saw Kong Xian Wang sitting in front of Han Yefang, he froze on the spot.

'Is he my boss's target today!' His legs started to shake.

The uncomfortable behaviour of his secretary didn't went unnoticed to both Han Yefang and Kong Xian Wang.

Sometimes his unprofessional behaviour makes Han Yefang annoyed.

 But he didn't let any change happen to his expression.

He calmly called him out.

"Secretary Li?"

"Yes, Boss!" He instantly came out of his fear and served the glasses to them in shaking hands.

"Are you not feeling well?" Kong Xian Wang asked.

"No, I am completely fine." Perspiration started to cover secretary Li's forehead.

"You should go and have a rest." His stupid behaviour is making Han Yefang mad. So he calmly told him to leave so that he won't make anything way too obvious.

As soon as Han Yefang commanded him to leave, Secretary Li left the place in a trench.

Seeing Secretary Li behave like a this made Kong Xian Wang a little suspicious.

He looked at the glasses and squinted his brows.

 "Here!" Han Yefang offered him a toast making him came out of his daze.

Kong Xian Wang hesitantly raised his glasses. But he felt doubtful. This man has tricked him before too. He cannot be trusted.

Kong Xian Wang pursued his lips and suddenly said, "Mr Han, today is a very happy day for me. So I wanted to make it more memorable."

Han Yefang frowned, "What do you mean?"

"I mean both our companies are doing such a big project together and you came to my engagement party. So I thought why not take a picture as a souvenir."

"Take a picture?" 

"I don't use social media much. But I heard they really play a big role in business world. You know some of the reporters are making false rumours of our project since our project are running a little slow. So they are questioning our collaboration."

"That's because you went to another company for that brick issue without my knowledge." Han Yefang bluntly replied.

"Yess, so I thought we should take a picture together so that it can appease the hassle."