Chapter 235 - The Engagement (7)

As soon as the dance begin, Su started to look for Si Ying eagerly and finally her eyes caught him.

But all of her excitement went into the gutter when she saw Kong XIngtian holding his arms and going towards the dance floor.

She felt a pang of pain in her heart.

She glared back at Kai and ordered, "Kai, dance with me."

On the other hand, Kai's eyes were looking for someone too. He was busy when Su suddenly asked him for a dance.

So he leisurely waved his hands and instantly denied, "No! Look for someone else."

That's when his eyes caught Sophie who was also attending the dance with a smile on her face.

'What were you thinking, Kai. You don't have any partner. You are pathetic!' He cursed himself.

After some self talking he looked at his friend and found her glaring at him.

"Are you going or not?" She demanded an answer.

"Okay. I am going." Kai didn't want to upset his friend anymore.

-------

"It's been so long that we danced together, right brother Si Ying?" Kong XIngtian said excitedly.

"Well...Mmm..." Si Ying replied indifferently.

He didn't quite heard what Xingtian was saying. Because his eyes were fixed on the pair dancing beside them, Kai and Su."

While his eyes were fixed at Su, Su didn't even bother to look at him. She kept talking with Kai non-stop and our Kai innocently nodding on her every word.

Su was continuously blabbering in his ears. But Kai didn't care because his mind was on the pair at the other side of them.

So, Su's nonstop blabbering felt like noise of flies to him.

-------

"Xingtian, I have some..." Si Ying couldn't bear Su's ignorance. So he tried to make an excuse to leave the floor. But Xingtian didn't let him go easily.

"Brother Si Ying, look how great my brother and sister Yue Rui are looking. I hope God will make them happy couple together." She tried to divert his mind.

Xingtian doesn't know what type of madness has flared in her mind, but she didn't have any intention of letting go. It made her numb. As a result, she couldn't see the unwillingness in Si Ying's eyes.

No! She didn't want to see.

When Si Ying again made an effortless reply to her, her heart sank.

'You are much more concerned about her that you can't even see the person in front of you.' She felt an undesirable rage inside her which subconsciously made her grip on his shoulder even more firm.

When Si Ying suddenly felt a strength on his grip and saw her dazed out, his brows frowned.

"Ningtian?" He asked.

Kong Xingtian came out of her daze and made a bright smile, " Yes, Brother Si Ying?"  

"You don't look well. Are you okay?" He asked.

'See ! He still cares for me.' She felt warmth in her heart. Her eyes soften.

"Maybe I am a little tired because of all the work today." She replied.

"Then I think we should leave the dance now. You should rest." He said with concern.

"No!" But his suggestion made Xingtian startled. She immediately stood still on her spot and made her grip on him even more firm.