270 - Sophie Is An Idiot

"ShouldI call him?"

When Sophie asked her, Mai Yue Rui was out of words. She came to warn her about him. But now, how will she say that to her when that guy is with her.

"He came with you? I heard he is a doctor. He managed to come with you today?" Mai Yue Rui tried tried to change the topic.

"He insisted to come with me since he had a break."

After a pause Sophie asked her, "How do you know that he is a doctor? I didnt tell you that."

"Ah... Well.. Um.. I heard it from.."

"Kai told you." Sophie completed her words.

"Yes... Mai hesitantly replied.

Of course she knew that from Kai. He is the one who is worried about her.

"So would you like to meet him?" Sophie again asked her.

Saying to she was about to call him but Mai Yue Rui grabbed her hand and stopped her.

"Actually. ."

Sophie looked at her in confusion.

"Sophie, I wanted to talk to you about something." Mai Yue Rui came straight to the point.

"What is it?" Sophie looked sceptical.

"Does you boyfriend treat you well?" She asked cautiously.

"Of course, he treats me wel. Why are you asking that?" Sophie still didn't get what she meant.

Mai Yue Rui's grip on her hand tightened as she said in low voice,

"Actually someone I know saw him with another woman."
Hearing her words, Sophie instantly removed her hand from her.

"Do you know what you are saying? Cheng Yi and I know each other for a long time. You are clearly mistaken."

"It's doesn't matter for how long you guys are together if the other guy cheats on you. May be he has been cheating on you for a long time but you didn't realize."

Hearing her words Sophie gave out a chuckle before saying, "Did Kai tell you that?"

Mai Yuerui was startled.

"Ho... how do you know that?"

"Cheng Yi told me that he had been investigating on him in the hospital behind his back, saying people that he is his friend."

Hearing her words Mai Yuerui's eyes fell on Cheng Yi and found her staring at her.

When their eyes met he gave her a smile.

'He is quick!' She thought.

Mai Yuerui didn't return to his smile and looked back at Sophie.

After she looked back at her, Sophie continued, "Cheng Yi told me everything. The woman he saw him with is the chairman's daughter. And she is the one
pestering him."

Mai Yuerui wanted to cringe hearing that.

'Every jerk thinks that all woman are interested in them.' She thought.

Mai Yuerui cleared her voice and insisted, "Look, I trust Kai's words. He means good for you that's why he asked me to talk
with you."

"Good, yeah!" Sophie let out a smirk then added, "I know what he has in his mind. I thought him as a good guy. I didn't think
he would scheme this low against someone."

"Scheme! What do you mean?" Mai Yuerui was shocked.

"Nothing." Sophie let out a sigh.
Even though she thinks that Kai is doing this because of his feelings for her, she didn't want to bad mouth him and insult
him in front of his friend.

She then continued, "I mean whatever he said to you is not true. Even though Kai asked people about him behind his back, Cheng Yi still didn't mind him. In fact he came to explain things to me. How could
he be cheating on me if he is being honest to me."

Mai Yue Rui was shocked to see how blind this girl is when it is about her so called boyfriend.

She realized that it's impossible to make her realize.

In the end, she decided that it would be best to follow Kai's plan. Only then this foolish girl in love will realize

"Well, if he is good for you then that's all I wish. Good luck." Saying so Mai Yuerui stood up from her seat.

When leaving Cheng Yi stood up to bid her goodbye but she didn't even bat him an eye and left.

----

As soon as Mai Yue Rui left the coffee shop she called her friend's in a conference call.

"Sophie is an idiot!" She excitedly said.

"What happened?" Su asked.

"She is an idiot and all her mind believes is what comes out of that doctor's mouth." She was irritated to see how she behaved.

Sophie has always behaved upright in front of her. So now she seemed like a brat to her.

"Wow! She didn't seem that adamant to me when I saw her that day." Su was
amazed.

"Kai! Did you tell Sophie about this before?" Mai Yue Rui suddenly asked.

"No! If I did then why would I ask you to talk to her?" Kai was startled.

"Do you know, she didn't come alone. Her boyfriend was with her:"

"Wow! He didn't seem to have that much time for her when I saw him before." Kai smirked.

"And you know what? Sophie knew that you told me about it. In fact Cheng Yi knew that you asked people about him and told it to Sophie! She thinks sceptical of you."

"Wow! This guy is very cunning! Kai how could you be this stupid that he easily caught you!" Su rebuked him.

"How would I know that he will learn it later. Besides whatever it is he is not a trusted person. He didn't come true to her." Kai was enraged.

"It's for sure that she will not believe us unless we show her proof."

"Su you have to help me." Kai instantly said.

"Well umm.." Su stammered.

"I don't know. You saw how she is. Please help me save her from that douchebag."

"Someone is really concerned. I wonder what he will do after saving the damsel in distress!" Su teased.

"It's not what you are saying. I just..." Kai tried to explain.

"You don't have to say. I understand."

"So you will help me?" Kai asked.

"Okay " Su replied.

"Thank you so much, Su. I will buy you lunch for the next one week " Kai said in joy.

"Only a week? I want a full month." Su retaliated.

"Only if you succeed." Kai replied.

"You don't have to worry. I give bold him clean and cut." Su pretended to blow him away with a gun.

"What about me? I also came here for you." Mai Yue Rui pouted.

"Well. What can I say! If Su is ready to make me penniless then how will you leave me alone." He agreed to her but in mind Kai's heart was bleeding as he looked at his empty pocket.