Chapter 212 - I wish I am not late

"You can say now." Kong Xian Wang said to Sophie.

"Actually today Ms Mai left for the office in a hurry and out of rush she handed her door keys to me to lock the door of her apartment for her. So I came to return the keys to her. But I have been waiting for some time now but I still couldn't find her. So when I saw you I thought I can give it to you."

"You could have just waited for her at her apartment." Kong Xian Wang bluntly replied.

"Umm... actually I have taken a day off for some emergency and can't accompany Ms Mai today." Sophie replied with a little awkardness.

Nobody knows that the act of Kong Xian Wang and Mai Yue Rui last night had made her so uncomfortable that she rushed to Mai Minghui to take a day off.

Even looking at Kong Xian Wang right now is making her uncomfortable.

"Also..." Sophie suggested to talk some more.

"Yes..."

"I caught a suspicious person lurking around your office. So I wanted to ask you if I should call the police."

Kong Xian Wang looked at Kai and was surprised to see him tied up.

"Did you tie him up?" Xian Wang asked.

"Yes." Sophie proudly replied

"You don't have to call the police. He is from the marketing department." Xian Wang clarified to her

"Ah..." Sophie became flustered. She couldn't believe that her intuition was wrong.

"Hmm... you should untie him."

"Yes, of course. I am so sorry for this commotion, Mr Kong. Please forgive me." Sophie instantly bowed to him.

"If that's all then..." Kong Xian Wang nodded to her and went back to Si Ying.

-----------------

As soon as Kong Xian Wang came to them Si Ying came close to him and asked, "What did that bodyguard told you?"

Kong Xian Wang looked at Si Ying and then Han Yefang. By the look of him, Kong Xian Wang knew he was curious as well.

He returned his gaze to Si Ying and give out a smile, "Today I will go alone, you can take another car." Saying so he nodded towards Han Yefang before going inside his car and drove away.

--------------

When Kong Xian Wang was talking with Sophie alone everyone's eyes were stick on them. When they saw the girl bowing to him and giving him something, everyone was shocked.

Even Kai who's hand were tied with a duck-tape was more interested in them than his tied hands.

When Sophie walked towards him to ask for forgiveness, he was still looking at her with his jaw dropped.

"I am sorry that I didn't believe you. Please forgive me." Sophie said to him as she bowed.

Looking at her bowing, Kai came back to his senses. He replied bluntly, "It's okay. But please untie me first."

"Oh, yes. I am sorry again." Sophie hurried to remove the tape.

After his hands were finally untied Kai loosened his wrist and asked her with great enthusiasm, "Do you know our boss?"

Sophie did not expect him to ask her this the first thing after his hands are untied.

She cleared her throat and bluntly replied, "That doesn't concern you."

"But..." Kai tried to continue their conversation but Sophie nodded to him and left in a hurry.

-----------

As Sophie left, Kai was still looking at her back when his friends join them.

"What the hell was that, Little Cat? Dis our boss just got love proposal out of nowhere?" Kai looked at Mai Yue Rui with a mischievous smile.

"Don't talk nonsense Kai. I am sure it's not the case. Don't worry Little Cat. Our boss won't leave you." Su said as she tried to console Mai Yue Rui.

Su went close to Mai Yue Rui's ears and whispered to her, "I saw our boss giving you the coffee, Little Cat."

Mai Yue Rui looked at her with surprise but she didn't know what to reply.

Before she could give her any reply Kong Xian Wang's car came and stopped right in front of her.

The window of the front passenger seat opened and the beautifully sculpted face of Kong Xian Wang could be seen.

Before Mai Yue Rui could realize what was happening Kong Xian Wang's heavy voice could be heard and ordered her, "Come inside, Mai Yue Rui."

His voice was so domineering that Mai Yue Rui didn't think of anything but obey him.

She waved her hands towards her friends who were looking at her with questioning gaze and went inside the car.

----------------

As Su and Kai saw them leave, Su held both her hands close to her heart and looked at the car in awe.

"Aw...I wish someone would drop me home too." She said.

Kai looked at Su dumbfounded and asked, "What the hell just happened?"

His small brain still needed time to process everything since he was still not over with Sophie incident.

Since Su didn't reply hin, he asked again. "Do you know anything?"

Su looked at Kai and patted his cheeks lightly, then she replied, "You are still young for this, Kai. You won't understand."

As she was talking with Kai, another car stopped in front of them.

Su and Kai looked at the car window to see who it was in the car.

As soon as the glass window went down, Si Ying's cold face glaring at Kai could be seen. But the moment he saw Su, his facial expression took 180 degree turn.

"Good evening, Su."

"Good evening, Si Ying." Su reply with a smile.

"Oh, good evening Mr Si Ying." Kai butted in as he waved his hands to Si Ying.

"Yes, Mr Sheng Yunkai, GOOD EVENING!" He exaggerated every word he said.

Si Ying again changed his gaze to Su and asked her gently, "It's really late now. Why not I drop you home, Su?"

"Umm...okay, if you are okay with the hassle."

"Oh, it's not a hassle at all. I am worried for your safety."

Hearing his sweet talk Su blushed a little. And she went inside as Si Ying came outside to open the door for her.

As soon as she went inside Si Ying closed the door and turned towards Kai.

"I am sure you can manage, Mr Sheng."

It took Kai a few second but he eventually understood the situation and replied, "Oh yes, of course. Please sent my friend home safely."

"You don't have to worry about that." Si Ying patted his shoulder then went inside the car and drove away.

Hence Kai was left behind by his friends on the empty office.

----------

"CEO Han, our car has been waiting for a while now. Aren't you gonna go in?" Han Yefang's secretary asked him as his gaze was fixed at the  marketing department.

Han Yefang was just standing on his spot as he saw both Kong Xian Wang and Si Ying taking their girls home.

His mind was still wondering what could Sophie say to Kong Xian Wang and why Kong Xian Wang and Mai Yue Rui are leaving together?

Are they really living together?

He clenched his fist tightly by the thought of it.

"CEO Han." His secretary again called him making hin come out of his daze.

"Hmm..." Saying so, he again looked at the empty space and thought, "I wish I am not late."