Chapter 257 - Am I Angry? Or Do I Miss Him?

After leaving office that day Mai Yuerui returned to her apartment.

She was not in a good mood. As soon as it was six she immediately packed her bag and left for her home.

But unfortunately, when she returned she was welcomed by an empty house. All her things as well as furnitures had vanished.

"Did someone rob my stuff?" She looked at the apartment in shock.

She looked at the door but it was in good shape. No sign of force entry.

"What the hell just happened?" Mai Yuerui pinched her forehead in frustration.

As she was thinking of who can be behind this she immediately knew the answer.

She picked up her phone and dialed a number.

"Is this Dad's doing?" She didn't even let the other person say hello and charged him with question.

"What are you talking about, Sis?" Mai Yirong replied in confusion.

"My apartment! Everything is missing!" She yelled.

"Oh! That! It's Mom's doing." Her brother leisurely replied. He was having fun seeing his sister in frustration. She had been bothering him for years only because of changing houses frequently.

"Mom! Why would she do that?" Mai Yuerui was surprised.

"She said that you are a married woman now. And you should stay with your husband. So she got rid of the furnitures and transfer your belongings to your home." Yirong explained.

"My home?"

"Yes, yours and brother-in-law home."

"Why did she do that? That's not fair. She can't do this to me without even telling me. Mai Yirong, I want my things back. Return them to me now." She instantly ordered her brother.

Previously Mai Yuerui used to order around her little brother whenever she had issues with her apartment. And Mai Yirong had to oblige to his sister. But this time he didn't have to listen to her.

So he instantly replied, "This time you are on your own, sis. I can't go against Mom."

"Oh, really! Then I will fix this on my own."

"Don't waste your time and energy, sis. Mom has already talked with Dad. And they prohibited all real estate agencies to give you any apartments. You better just go to brother-in-law's house."

'What will I do there when he is not even there!'  Mai Yue Rui thought.

After ending the call Mai Yuerui had to go to her husband's home reluctantly.

---------

After dropping him home the other night, Sophie didn't contact Kai.

Kai even asked her the next day about her dressing but she didn't reply.

After returning home from office he lied on his cozy bed and was busy in scrolling his news feed.

Suddenly a known face popped up in his 'people you may know' section.

it was none other than 'Cheng Yi'

"You are a piece of shit. Sophie deserves more." He murmured to himself.

He searched for his messages but was disappointed to see that Sophie didn't reply to him yet.

"Should I ask her again?" He wondered.

"Tsk... Let's give her a call." Saying so he called for her number.

"Hello." the nonchalant voice of Sophie was heard from the other side.