45.

airie knocked on aubrey's door with a bag in hand, fixing her hat over her head

airie knocked on aubrey's door with a bag in hand, fixing her hat over her head. she had packed up all the clothes he had left at her house, shoes, his hygiene products, and anything else that looked like it was his, and put it in a bag she had gotten from the grocery store to bring back to him. she exhaled softly as she waited for him to answer the door; it had been a week since the last time they spoke or saw each other, the last time being when she slammed the door in his face. deelo had been the one facilitating contact between the two -- airie had texted him to tell him to tell aubrey that she was bringing his stuff over. to say it was a true odd moment, since something like this had never happened to either deelo or aubrey, was an understatement.

the lock clicked and aubrey came to the door, dressed in a pair of grey sweats and a white-beater, his hand leaning against the door frame. "here," airie mumbled and passed the bag to him, speaking afterwards, "everything you left over is in there. if i left anything here you can throw it away." he grabbed the bag just as she turned around, aubrey reaching out to grab her arm; she immediately jerked her arm away from him and turned to look at him, a look similar to the day she walked up to his apartment when him and jalissa had been having sex -- a look that was so poisonous, full of disgust and hurt, immediately speaking afterwards, "don't touch me."

he sighed as he looked at her, pursing his lips, "stop trying to be billy badass and talk to me, airie."

"there isn't shit for us to talk about. go talk to marissa," she sucked her teeth softly and peeled from the conversation, making her way down the steps, her sneakers lightly tapping on the concrete as she made her way down to her car. she wasn't here to talk to him, she wasn't here to hump and make up, she just came to drop his stuff off and get the hell on with the rest of her day.

he exhaled deeply as he watched her bound down the steps and to her car, holding the bag in his hand. he wasn't going to throw her stuff away; ship it to her house, more than likely, but not throw it away, first of all, and second, while he did want to sit and talk to her, he knew that she was not going to talk to him and it was going to take jesus coming back to earth for her and him to talk again.

after she got into her car and turned around to head out of the neighborhood, he came back inside and sighed, tossing the bag against the wall of the foyer; how did a day that was supposed to go so right, go so far left? he was trying to collect himself from the day, how everything happened; it happened so quickly that he couldn't even process it properly until he had gotten home and gotten a chance to think about what the hell happened. he wanted to just sit down with her and talk, besides, he'd rather at least go back and forth than having to quit her cold turkey. he knew what he did was fucked, he hated having to remember it, but he understood why she was the way she was; selfishly, though, he wanted her back in his arms, back in his bed, back under him.

"hey, i just dropped his stuff off," airie spoke to valerie through the bluetooth on her car, valerie sighing from her end of the phone and speaking afterwards. "how do you feel, then?"