ꜰɪᴠᴇ.

𝕀t was another day airie didn't get to work from home, another day she was walking through the halls of excellence with a binder full of papers that had yet to be sent off, portfolio pictures, and meeting notes for her next meeting in about two h...

𝕀t was another day airie didn't get to work from home, another day she was walking through the halls of excellence with a binder full of papers that had yet to be sent off, portfolio pictures, and meeting notes for her next meeting in about two hours. thankfully she had gotten a decent amount of rest the night prior, but it didn't escape the fact that she was just as busy as a bee, and probably would become more busy as the day went on. being the head of marketing was hard enough, but it became infinitely harder when that company also asked you to work as a scout. there were plenty of office days on airie's schedule that meant she was at work til seven or eight at night or sitting in the same meeting that she had had weeks ago.

the only plus was the people she worked with; sydney was a fresh college grad and retired model working alongside her in marketing, davian was the head of design and was always stopping by to be nosy or catch up on real housewives with airie and sydney, and even newbie landon working as the graphic designer, turned out to be much funnier than his work persona put out. sure, there were others that worked around them, but there was something really fun about the four of them, almost like the work equivalent of valerie, bria, and amari.

as airie fed some of the papers in her folder through the fax machine, she rolled her head around to stretch her neck out, rubbing the side of it and sighing softly through her nose; she still hadn't properly addressed the days past incident with hayden showing up to her apartment unannounced and being as violent as he was, especially to threaten to break her nose. maybe she could have called armond to let him know, maybe have her big brother come up to ward him off, but then that would put armond in harms way, and one thing about airie, she practically adored her older brother. they looked just alike, and if someone didn't know better, they would presume that the two were twins.

she pushed the thought of texting armond about the issue out of her head when her phone buzzed in her pocket, her hand fishing for it out before looking at the text message across her screen from aubrey, her lips pulling into a faint smile. 

'from: aubrey
did you still want to do lunch today? not too far from the city'

while they hadn't talked every single day, they managed to check in (and airie texted him back) the last couple days since the event. it was mostly just cupcaking on the phone and then aubrey asking her to meet for lunch today since he was planning on coming in the city anyhow. speaking of the event, aubrey had taken the time to try to let jalissa down easy, amidst her asking about airie and what their relationship was and if that's why he had decided to stop talking to her. it was...weird, to him, to be honest, and he'd limited most if not all of their conversations. now that he had asked airie to get to know her better and had gotten her to start texting him back, he had the feeling that he wanted to go all in, and specifically, for her.

'from: airie

sure thing. i'm finishing up some faxes and then i'll be done in like 10 min. see you then?'