ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ.

"how do you feel about going out this weekend?" valerie asked, laying her head on airie's lap as the flipped through movies

"how do you feel about going out this weekend?" valerie asked, laying her head on airie's lap as the flipped through movies. airie shrugged, grabbing the bag of crab chips from the side table, holding the bag down far enough for valerie to reach in. "i think it'll be fun," she answered and smiled down at her. "i think it'll get me out of the house since i've been cooped up in here since i got back from huntsville. my job is letting me work from home until tuesday, so i think it'll be nice to go out."

"are you sure? i want to make sure you're 100%," valerie double checked as she ate a chip, airie nodding her head and gently poking her forehead. "i'm 100%, val. i know you, bria, and amari have been itching to get me out the house, and i know that's our thing. it's always been our thing since our hoochie days at clark," the both of them burst out laughing and kicking their feet a little bit. 

"hey, at least we had fun. no bills, no jobs, just stressed over school and trying to figure out how we were gonna get some food," valerie shrugged her shoulders and sat up, leaning her elbow against the back of the couch and turning to look at her.

"you never told us what you meant when you said you were over relationships before you had to go to huntsville, what happened?"

airie tensed up a bit before shaking her head a bit. "nah, don't worry about it. just...some stuff happened with the guy from the club-"

"y'all were talking and you didn't tell meeee?" valerie frowned and moved her arms to cross over her chest, pouting at her best friend.

"vaaal," airie sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes. "the night at the wine tasting thing, remember when i went to the bathroom? i saw him when i was going to and we started talking a little bit, and he asked could we start talking on a more like...personal, relationship kind of level. after that, things were going good, and he asked me to come to his place after bringing me some food at work.

"i got there and lo' and behold, he opens the door and was getting some pussy. girl, i have never been so...upset. disrespected. and you know how i am when it comes to relationships and stuff," she shook her head and val poked her lips out a little bit, sighing softly. "so i left. and i haven't talk to him since. he doesn't know about my dad or anything like that, he doesn't know what's been going on for the last two-something weeks. i don't even know how long its been since our last conversation. i deleted his number and the text thread." she shrugged her shoulders and valerie nodded, exhaling softly and leaning her cheek on her palm. 

"and what happened with the thing about hayden sending those flowers up to your job?"

"girl," she waved her hands and rolled her eyes a bit. "i threw them in the damn trash."

"did you send it to him?"

"yes," the two shared a look before bursting into laughter, grabbing each others hands and cackling out loud. as she sat back, the two wiped the tears from their laughter. "but," valerie started, holding up a hand, "i don't think you should give up on relationships. i think you're capable of love, you just don't know how to...process, those feelings of love and relationships."